“Nice place as a base”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Ireland
“Nice place as a base”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was visiting friends in the area, so my stay was a relaxing one - no business was done over the snowy weekend. The room met all expectations and I found the bed was comfortable. The staff were great. The other guests were friendly. One of my friend's room was quite warm, the other quite cold (I think this is being addressed). Mine was perfect. What more can I say, but well done!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on our hotel. We try our hardest to make sure all our guests have a lovely and comfortable stay with us. I am very happy we met your expectations and will pass the comments onto house keeping who work very hard making sure the rooms are as clean as possible. We do hope to see you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
dudley
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Myself and my wife stayed here for two nights when visiting the Harry Potter Studio's, We checked in with ease on a friday afternoon and were very impressed with the hotel and our room everything was spotless. It was a very snowy weekend and could control the heating in our room with ease, it was lovley and warm which was a welcoming relief from the cold outside. We ate in the restaurant both nights and the food was lovley all the staff were friendly and helpful.
The location was excellent with free parking and all the shops a short walk away we can reccomend the Harry Potter Tour as it was excellent and its location to this hotel was brilliant. We would deffinatly use this hotel again when traveling to London.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank deanbrett
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. I’m very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. All comments about the staff will get passed on to them. I’m happy you felt comfortable in your room and found it very clean, which I will pass on to the housekeeping team. I really hope you had a lovely day at Harry Potter studios! We do hope to see you again in the near future. All the best.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Fantastic price for a family of four. We stayed one night but the accommodation was perfect and the breakfast was catered for our requests. The wecome we received was exceptional and the staff also took time to say goodbye when we left. There were various parties the night we stayed but we were not made to wait for a drink etc. even though they were extrmely busy. A big thank you to Premier Inn and we will now always make Premier Inn our first choice for accommodation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time out of your day to leaving feedback about our hotel. I am very happy and pleased that you had an excellent stay with us. I will forward all the comments on to the staff, so they can see how they have come across to our guests.
I hope you had a lovely New Year, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Alicante, Spain
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Although I have booked Premier Inns around the country for guys that work for us, I have never actually stayed in one myself - no particular reason why. I booked 2 family rooms at this Premier Inn to break up our journey to London for NYE. I got the postcode for the sat nav however this took us to a little back street with no apparent signs or sight of the Premier Inn. Unable to find the hotel, had to log back into the website to check for directions - it turns out that the Hotel is accessed through the shopping centre car park - like a previous reviewer said, not ideal if you are a female on your own. We managed to get parked easily as arrived Saturday night after shopping centre had closed. Think it would be a good idea if there was a signpost for the Premier Inn at the entrance to the car park. Check in was poor - the girl that signed us did not smile once or make us feel welcome - indeed when she asked how old my daughter is and I said 13, she looked at my daughter with an obvious 'I dont believe you' look and actually, for the record, she is 13. On arriving at the room, my first thought was it was absolutely freezing - but with the heating on it was way too hot - unable to get the temperature right and spent a sleepless night freezing. The other room we booked, on the opposite side of the corridor, was totally opposite - so unbearably hot and with air con that was useless. The rooms are clean but quite clinical and not particularly welcoming. Would have been nice to have more plug points, next to bed and near mirrors. The mirror next to the hairdryer is so small, its of no real use and doing your hair next to the tea/coffee making facility seemed a little unhealthy. We ate in the restaurant and found the staff there and in the bar to be pleasant and helpful. Food was good for a hotel restaurant, fajitas were tastier than I expected. Tables in bar area could be arranged a little better. No room service was available which we would have liked later on in the night although we were advised Dominos would deliver to the hotel !! Breakfast was good, buffet style and plenty of it - had to ask a couple of times for things to be refilled but this was done quickly. Overall, dont think everything is premier except the price - the rooms certainly arent. Not sure I would rush back to a Premier Inn based on this visit. Think Premier Inn bosses could relook at the rooms. Apparently they guarantee a good nights sleep or your money back - well we certainly didnt get a good nights sleep in either of the rooms.

Room Tip: We were in 426 and 427 - 426 too hot and 427 freezing !!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I would firstly like to apologise about your stay with us. We do offer a clean and comfortable stay and in your case unfortunately we haven’t delivered. All your comments have been noted and I will look into these to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
With regards to the heating we are looking at getting new air-con units fitted at some point this year.
I am happy you enjoyed your evening meal and breakfast with us. If you do decide to stay with us again and have any special requests, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
We do hope to see you again in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2012

It was poop. I could get better in a motel. Shower was pants, room was freezing cold due to that i could not sleep. He was no mirror big enough to get ready in, except the bathroom which is dangerous to dry/straighten your hair. Glad i was only here for 1 night. Apart from that the food was good and service was ok.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn we always try to give our customers a comfortable and friendly stay, and I apologise if you have felt let down by our brand, and by the lack perhaps of a few homely details.

We really value your feedback, as it allows us to improve our standards and make our hotel experience more enjoyable.

Thank you once again for your review; we hope to welcome you back soon.

Naina

Online Customer Service Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a great pace to stay when visiting Hemel. Its very reasonable in cost and its location is brilliant. Right amongst the large shopping centre which has everything from tesco to topshop to resturants. The staff are extreamy helpful from check in to requests. Asked for an iron and ironboard, no problems. There is a bar and resturant within the building if you dont feel like going out. The rooms are brilliant. they are large, the beds are super comfy. You even get a choice of pillows. There is a tv and Tea making facilities but no fridge. The aircon in the higher rooms isnt great in the summer months which can make the rooms really stuffy. There is wifi but only for about 15 mintues then you have to pay. There is a starbucks downstairs at the start of the mall where you can log on for free. Stayed here twice within a matter of weeks and would stay here again.

Room Tip: The keycards are a bit sensitive so keep them away from your phones otherwise they get wiped and you...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving such lovely feedback about our hotel. We try to commit ourselves in being the best in the area, and making sure all our guests have a comfortable stay with us.

I will pass the message on to all the staff, and I am very happy that you had a good stay with us and hope you enjoyed your time here. I do hope you had a lovely new year, and we will hopefully see you again in the future.

Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Another good night at a Premier Inn, I have been making much use of them this year!

I was on the PI website and looking for somewhere to stay within an hour of Heathrow for a midday flight on a Saturday. I managed to book this PI for £34 which represents excellent value in my opinion.

It is well located for shopping if you have the time being above / in the shopping centre and there a number of restaurants in the area (spotted an all you can eat Chinese) however we used the hotel restaurant on this occasion.

Check in was quick and efficient and the room was clean and the temperature was ideal. Comfy bed which I now expect at a PI!

Restaurant was good, not too busy and bar was very quiet for Friday night. It was quite cold and when the waitress saw my husband popping back to the table with jumpers and hoodies she offered to turn the heating down... a thoughtful touch.

We parked in the multi storey, there was plenty of spaces at 8pm on a Friday, and used the walkway directly to the hotel, passed Debenhams. It was lit luckily as they were doing some repear work to the slabs, I don't think I would have been worried about walking along this route this if I had been on my own, we passed several people on the short walk.

The only thing which we did find confusing was the Magic Roundabout sequence which once you realise that you are driving round it the wrong way makes it clear how to get into the hotel.

It took us 25 minutes to get to Heathrow (West Drayton side) on a Saturday morning leaving at 8.30am. I would definitely use this hotel again for Heathrow stopover where I am not needing a carpaking space for the duration of the trip and I don't have to be there too early.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving such lovely feedback about our hotel. We like to make sure all our guests feel welcome and at home with us, making your stay as comfortable as possible. I hope you managed to figure out the ‘magic’ roundabout, I know it can be quiet confusing! I hope you had a lovely Christmas, and have a lovely new year! We do hope to see you again in the future.