I use this hotel regularly and can only mirror some of the comments seen from other users.
Generally it is a good hotel and Value for money, however, small things seem to let it down.
Parking is good though in the week it can get busy I have always been able to get a space but have noticed guests arriving later may not be so lucky and though I have never seen tickets/clamps used in the papermill car park - it's just something else to worry about.
The hot water still takes an age to come through especially in the morning when it has not been running - not sure if the higher numbered rooms are slower.
My meal was OK I couldnt be bothered to eat out so chose from the menu and ate in the restaurant, the first three tables I went to were dirty and had drink "rings" on them - forgiveable if busy - but there were only a family of 4 at 1 other table so it was quiet - so the tables hadn't been cleaned for some time....I did bring this to the managers attention and he was very polite and apologetic.
Salt and pepper should be out on the tables? at any rate I didn't feel I should have to ask - perhaps I am being a little picky here.
Room was clean and comfortable and though I was on the side with the road I didn't find sleeping a problem the noise was low though so I guess if you are a light sleeper facing the car park would be better.
Not sure if I will continue to use this Hotel in future, there are other options in the area, but the Paper Mill pub has always been the deciding factor. ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the well-linked Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead hotel, a short drive from local businesses and 2 minutes' walk from Apsley train station. The inviting Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead is just 10 minutes by car from the handy A4251, M1 and M25. You can take off from London Luton Airport, 25 minutes' drive away, and reach central London in 30 minutes by train. We offer free parking on-site and you can set yourself up for the day with an inclusive buffet breakfast in our comfortable Great Room. Book a meeting for 40 in one of our 3 meeting rooms and stay connected with free Wi-Fi. We're 10 minutes' drive from local companies on Maylands Avenue and Breakspear Way. You can take to the slopes at the The Snow Centre in 5 minutes. Under-18s stay for free when sharing with their parents in one of Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead's welcoming family rooms. Spend a relaxing evening with friends over drinks or dinner in the Great Room lounge or simply relax in your newly refurbished guest room with modern decor, an en-suite with power shower and a 32-inch flatscreen TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead Hotel Hemel Hempstead
- Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead
- Hemel Hempstead Holiday Inn