“Brilliant”
Review of Infinity Restaurant - CLOSED

Infinity Restaurant
Cuisines: European, Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Infinity restaurant is the best venue in Hemel Hempstead for outstanding authentic Nepalese and Indian cuisine. This delightful licensed restaurant is situated on the corner of Bridge Street and water House Street, easily accessible for shoppers in the Marlowes and surprisingly quiet and accretive, with a view of the trees along the River Grade. The welcome is warm and sincere; every patron is made to feel they are the most important person to come through the door. Infinity is different from any other restaurant in the Hertfordshire. Our Classic a la carte menu is a compilation of the finest Nepalese and Indian cuisine delicacies to ever tantalise your taste buds. From Tandoori grills to traditional curries and much more, our menu lets you choose from starters, main course fares and accompaniments. Chef Pandav Mohato’s much admired menu carries dishes from all over Nepal and India made Infinity one of the finest restaurant Hamel Hampstead has to offer. His menu provides for vegetarian/vegan tastes as well as plenty for omnivores. Any dietary requirements can be catered for as requested. Infinity can also provide for functions such a business meeting/light lunch, after work cocktail or snacks and dinner set menu or a la carte. Infinity voted finest south Asian restaurant in Hemel Hempstead, Infinity is in number one position in TripAdvisor in Hemel Hempstead and two in Hertfordshire. Infinity comes highly recommended.
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I am a self confessed food snob and I love this place. Their english breakfast is quite simply the best in Hemel. Their lunch menu is all home made and last night I had the best curry I have ever tasted. This is not your average Indian. If you are looking for authentic, home made Indian food then this is the place to go. They put both their English and Indian competitors in town to shame. To top it all off the service is fantastic and the people are lovely. They deserve every success.

• Visited December 2013

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Prepare yourself for a treat!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Like most people I have eaten my fair share of Indian meals over the years. Then that day comes when you sit down and prepare to eat "another" Indian meal, only to be surprised by something really very special indeed.
The flavors are blended to a standard which is only matched by one or two restaurants within a 15 mile radius and all the ingredients are excellent - think of the last time you ordered lamb in an Indian restaurant and received something which was tender and full of flavor, it doesn't happen very often. Top marks to the chef.
Service is also excellent, very attentive, taking a genuine interest in whether you liked your meal or not and if so why.

• Visited November 2013
Luton, United Kingdom
“Mushroom Soup to Die For”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

A chance meeting took me back to Hertfordshire and the town of Hemel Hempstead. I chose to visit Infinity again, this time to taste their lunchtime fayre. I was not disappointed. I kept it simple and ordered the home made soup which is freshly made everyday using sourced local produce. The delicious mushroom soup was a blend of Shiitake and Button mushrooms which was served with homemade rye bread. As ever the service was impeccable and for a lunchtime escape it was perfect, all presented and served within a few minutes.

• Visited December 2013
London
“WOW”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I thought we’d give this new establishment a try. I liked their unique approach to dining, and according to their website the staff had a reputation which promised to deliver.

By day this is a café, by night it is transformed into a restaurant. We booked for the evening sitting. Our party of 6 were not disappointed. The environment is relaxed and contemporary, with good lighting and ambience.

The restaurant manager Gopi Krishna was incredibly attentive and it was an absolute pleasure to be served by him. He was clearly passionate about his business and the food and spent a lot of time explaining the origin and detail of the dishes. The menu is relatively small compared to your typical Indian restaurant, but I can guarantee there is something for everyone’s tastes.

They pride themselves on healthy cooking.
We were a little disappointed that there wasn’t any popadums or alternative on the menu. This proved no problem for Gopi, and after a short wait we were given fresh oven cooked popadums with a choice of 3 accompaniments: Onion salad, Lime pickle and a Mango chutney. We were told that the chutney change depending on the season of produce.

We were each given a pre starter: An Amuse Bouche of Garden peas, Curry leaves and Indian spices. The flavours were delicate, but it packed a punch in terms of taste.

Our starters compromised of: Potato & Corn Cakes, Grilled Halloumi, Basil Grilled Chicken, Sheekh Kebab and King Prawn.

As our starters arrived the first sensation we were aware of was the amazing smell that permeated the air.

My choice, the Basil Grilled Chicken was sublime. The Chicken was tender and moist and the presentation fantastic.

I also sampled the Grilled Halloumi, again this was a hit in every detail.

In between the starters and the mains, we were each given a palate cleanser. Most comparable to an Orange Sorbet, it was another delightful touch.

Our choice of mains included: Ghurkha Chicken, Butter Chicken, Tandoori Chicken and Jardaloo Ma Ghost.

The Ghurkha Chicken was a wonderful combination of flavours and I was very impressed with my choice. I can also vouch for the Butter and Tandoori Chicken. Once again the taste was out of this world.

Our sides/accompaniments were also enjoyed. Cumin rice was a good balance of flavour and perfectly cooked. The garlic and mint & coriander naan was the lightest and best naan I have ever eaten.

Each dish on the menu has a recommended wine to complement; we did not explore the wines, but did order two bottles of the Pinot Gris. The wine was smooth and an absolute joy to drink. The Mongoose (Indian beer) was also a favourable choice.

We had no room for dessert, but did sample the range of teas. I opted for the Hibiscus and Blackcurrant, which was a wonderful end to the perfect meal. The Massalla Chai and Peppermint Tea also went down well.

Service was relaxed; our dining experience lasted nearly 3 hours and we had exceptional service.

Well done to Gopi and Pandav Mahato - The amazing Chef.

Our party all agreed that this restaurant is by far the best Indian cuisine we have ever tasted. And trust me; we have eaten at the best of them.

I hope this restaurant has enough business to help make it grow. My only concern is that it’ll become too popular and you’ll never be able to get in!

7 Thank SoulfulMinx
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best South Asian experience by a long way”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Not your average curry menu as it's small but exquisite, wine list extensive and reasonably priced, service superb. Can highly recommend and we will be returning often.

• Visited November 2013