“For me, the best Indian Restaurant in the area.”
Review of Saffron Restaurant

Saffron Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 170 Restaurants in Hemel Hempstead
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The fact that it is always packed, and if you dont make a reservation you may not get a table, says it all. The food, service and atmosphere at Saffron is difficult to beat - certainly not in the Hemel area.
The menu is packed with tasty dishes that cater for most tastes, including vegetarians. I have been to Saffron at least ten times within the last couple of years and have yet to be be disappointed. In fact I can't wait until my next visit to my son's in Hemel so that I can go to Saffron agian.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Best food ever tasted. Also an amazing manager. The staff was great as well as the service and could not have been better.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went to celeb rate new year there's always a good atmosphere and the food and service were as good as usual. Didn't feel rushed as sometimes happens in restaurants when busy. Ali the owner always puts party poppers and blowers on the tables and a bottle of Cava for each table at midnight.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

First visit and found the staff very efficient and helpful. Food was first class and choices of dishes was good. Menus looked old and worn could do with a reprint. But otherwise Resturant was good value parking was easy
Bill was very reasonable

Reviewed November 10, 2013

A group of us had food here recently. The first thing I noticed was the decor, it's horrible and I don't think it's changed in 10+ years. The side walls are painted yellow and have meaningless artwork the same colour, there is a skanky see through purple silk curtain covering one of the doors. The back wall is magnolia which does not look good at all. Luckily the food itself is very good and you quickly forget about everything else. Their hygiene rating is also 5 out of 5. The portion sizes are smaller than your average curry house which is great because who can ever finish their dinner? I did notice my curry was very greasy but it did taste good. The service is slow and waiters were not the friendliest. We had to wait a long time for drinks and also our bill. This is generally a good curry house and I would return but I do prefer the Sahara in Hemel a bit more.