“Popular but can suffer because of this”
Review of Saffron Restaurant

Saffron Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 158 Restaurants in Hemel Hempstead
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Popular but can suffer because of this”
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

We visited on a busy bank holiday Sunday, luckily with our table reservation we were seated within 10 minutes of our alloted time.

The staff were polite and friendly, however there were lengthy delays in receiving our starters and main course. Of course I understand they are a buy restaurant however this is unacceptable to be say there doing nothing.

The food, when it did arrive was spectacular and for the price it was a fantastic deal - just try not to go when everyone else is otherwise the well oiled machine grinds to a halt - somewhat chaotic at times

Leyland
“Excellent Indian Food”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Immediately welcomed with handshake from friendly staff. Service was excellent from arriving to leaving. Great choice of food and drink. Quality of food was outstanding. Complimentary Brandy a nice end to the meal.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Jim M
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
“Not all that.....”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I Visited this evening for the first time, however I found the rest of the visit average. Some parts of the food were ok, my garlic mushrooms were nice but could not taste the garlic. My chicken tika was very bland and so was my husbands Chicken tika balti. The service was not friendly and we waited 15 min for the waiter to take our order.
Do not bother with this place and dine in The Mogal next door, they serve fab food and the staff are very friendly.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank ciminna
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“not a bad first visit”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

we went for a works do and we given a great table although not sure it was wise to place a dad and his 2 young boys next to us as we were a bit rowdy. Great food and service

Visited May 2012
Slough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Indian cusine i have had for a long time 'seriously'”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Me and my girlfriend dined at this restaurant in Hemel yesterday evening we are from Slough. I ordered a starter which was presented as two triangle samosa they were very small and rested on one slice of cucumber and brown edged lettice which should normally be fresh and green! The cucumber slice was 'off' most probably recycled we were amazed how they got away with serving like this. Also two glasses of coke for £1.60 each came in very small glasses and cock was 'off' no bubbles it looked as though these guys were using cheap bottle coke and when requested Coca Cola original small bottles I was told they do not sell these. I returned the coke and felt it was an insult. The food quality ... Chicken Kuri dish ... guys! Chicken was chuncky and chewey, chicken should be tender looks like they keep reheating meat and dries out with a odd taste. Also they use red colouring ... Many good authentic Indian restaurants do not use red colouring in meat anymore as research shows colouring to this extent can cause health issues. This is seriously not a good restaurant they have no standards and the chef is not very good I cannot believe they get away with it. There are many good restaurants in Southall West London and Green Street East London and Two very popular near London Hospital not far from Aldgate Station. People of Hamel go and eat at these locations and use this as a template and you will realise how real indian dishes taste and quality of prep and cooking. The prices at Safron are ok but the food quality is seriously poor.

• Visited July 2012