“Good Hotel Stay”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
derbyshire
“Good Hotel Stay”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Lovely warm swimming pool, nice friendly staff, clean room. Good location for LEGOLAND. Nicely cooked food in the restaurant, not much choice on childrens menu though. Bed felt very hard but that could be preference. Other guests a bit noisy with children running down corridors late at night, didn't complain about it because very hard to stop ignorant people.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank katherineDerbyshire
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a great review!

Kind Regards

Jill Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on a weekend break with diamond holidays to London and Windsor. The hotel was on of the brightest and cleanest we have stayed in on short breaks. The room was spotless ,the bed was comfortable with a choice of hard ,or soft pillows. The staff were warm and friendly and the food was perfect. Overall this is a very well run hotel with excellent facilities and staff I would recommend this hotel to any body.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and good to hear tht we met all your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

North Yorks
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Used this hotel as a stop over between Warner Bros. Studio Tour and Go Ape at Woburn.

The reception staff were excellent and the rooms clean. The hotel was inexpensive but idealy located between the 2 attractions. If the mid week rates were reasonable I would consider using this hotel for business.

Breakfast was basic and luke warm. One of the staff was overheard to say 'service would be better if there weren't coach parties in'.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay. I am pleased that you found our reception team welcoming and trust that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I went on a National Holiday trip from June 8th-June 9th and we stayed at the Hemel Hempstead Holiday Inn. Upon arrival we were greeted on the coach and room keys were distributed, we were also invited to attend dinner at any time and were invited to use the health club in the given time. The hotel itself was clean, inviting and I found it very easy to find my room which was well furnished, clean and included exciting features such as a tv with lots of channels to watch, comfortable beds and lots of storage space. An hour and a half after arrival me and my friend went down to dinner which was a carvery. All staff were friendly and helpful and the food was delicious. After dinner I sat in the bar for a bit and the bar staff were also courteous. The morning brought another delicious self-serve breakfast and more friendly staff. Overall I wanted the management of this hotel to know how impressed I was with my first stay in a Holiday Inn; I had 5 star treatment from checking in to checking out and will definitely be staying in a Holiday Inn again. I also wanted to make note of how professional all the staff were, it was obvious that all staff members took their job role seriously and I felt comfortable knowing that the staff were vigilant with maintaining a tidy dining area/bar area/reception area. So thank you to the staff of Hemel Hempstead who made my stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed June 2013
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback after your recent stay. I am very pleased that you found both the hotel and staff up to your expectations. I will pass on your comments to all the teams and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hertfordshire
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was our second stay at the hotel and where we had experienced a few minor issues the first time, we cold not fault it this time around. Friendly staff, excellent facilities, great night sleep!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Hi Kamil,
I would just like to say what an enjoyable experience it was staying at your hotel with our group. Having stayed at Hilton, Village, Ramada etc I have to say we were blown away by your staff's customer service.
On entering the hotel foyer at 1.10pm we were instantly greeted by the two girls on reception. Crystal to me, is more of a diamond, she clearly loves her job and the interaction between herself and customer is nothing short of excellent, you cannot buy that!
She instantly observed I was the group leader called me by my name and said that the rooms were ready and had everything in her hand ready to go. It was a very easy task of getting everyone to sign in, take room cards and away. In other hotels that has taken us a considerable time longer and it was important as it gave everyone time to change after the journey, have a cup of tea/coffee and re-board our buses for 2.00pm.
No-one was disappointed with their rooms apart from some had Kit-kats and water, it was a foregone conclusion mine would not have! All rooms were of a standard we would expect and very clean. I thought I might get some problem with a room or two as has happened in the past at other hotels and am very pleased to say this did not happen at your hotel.
Good things continued as we entered the restaurant that evening with the personnel attention given by both the restaurant manager and his colleague. Very friendly and nothing to much trouble, again the interaction asking about the day etc impressed some of our group so much ,it was mentioned to me. On a constructive criticism side whilst the salad bar was excellent and indeed the meal a few members thought the meat portion could of been a bit more generous as the slices were quite slim but again everyone was full and enjoyed what they had.
On the plus side your chef really knows how to cook poached eggs to perfection, the times I have stayed in hotels and you could almost use them on a squash court!
One of group was impressed enough to do a collection for the restaurant staff so you can see the overall experience must of been very good and the two lads certainly helped on that score with their customer service.
The only other concern was the twin room that Mrs Innes & Mrs Howarth were in. One of them went back to the room and found the door could be opened without the card which could of presented a security issue but in didn't in this case. I just thought it might well be worth mentioning for your future reference.
For me personally, your staff made it very easy for me. Customer service stood out a mile, not just for me but also with with comments I have got back. Bigger name tags would help, as I had to ask what Crystal's name was as we left the hotel. She was was the main star for me, you can't afford to lose staff like that.
I must also mention yourself Kamil, when you consider I was only ringing you back up out of courtesy as we thought we would be at a different hotel. You made this happen by giving us a good price and even though a little more than the other hotel, to a man, everyone in the group has been more than happy to stay. I have already been asked when can we do it again, some asking to be first on the list. Two couples were impressed enough to consider staying at your hotel independently in the near future.
The customer service shone though in all departments, very pleased we stayed with you and look forward to doing so again. Very hard to get it perfect but a good 9+ out of 10 and one of the best stays we have had as a group.
Thank you very much for your communication and help. Thank you too for your unexpected kind offer as due to family illness my wife could not join me. Really look forward to staying again both as a couple and a group again.
Best wishes
Steve Peak

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write such detailed feedback, I am so pleased that all your group enjoyed the stay. I am pleased that all the staff met your expectations and that you mentioned Crystal and Kamil as especially helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed here towards the end of May and was very disappointed to find that there was no water, whatsoever, from 9.30am to 3pm! There was no information on booking the room to warn of the lack of basic facilities and the hotel cost was not even at a discounted price. Even on checking in I was not informed of the situation and only noticed the letter on arriving at my room in the evening, and consequently had to set my alarm very early in the morning to ensure use of the facilities before the water went off! For the price i found this totally substandard. Other than this lack of the usual facilities you would expect from a hotel it was okay. The room was clean and comfortable and I have had pleasant stays in the past.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SJLT86
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I apologise that you were not completely satisfied during your recent stay with us. If you would like to discuss further the issue reference the water, please contact me via the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempst...
#1 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
Travelodge Hemel Hempstead Gateway
Travelodge Hemel Hempstead Gatew...
#6 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
#2 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel
Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel
#9 of 10 in St. Albans

Been to Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8? Share your experiences!