“An excellent meal with friends”
Review of The Fishery Inn

The Fishery Inn
Ranked #23 of 164 Restaurants in Hemel Hempstead
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Simply put, The Fishery Inn in Hemel Hempstead is a fabulous waterside pub serving up tasty, top-notch food (including fresh fish, delivered daily), alongside an eclectic range of wines and cask ales in cosy, stylish surroundings. Enjoy a spot of alfresco eating and drinking overlooking the Grand Union canal, dine with a difference in our opulently furnished restaurant, or cosy up to our crackling fires in the winter. Lovely.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“An excellent meal with friends”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Six of us visited the Inn and had a variety of meals. The fish meze was great as a starter. Various mains were excellent and great value. Staff were very attentive and we'd definitely go back again.

Torquay
“Good, but not great.”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I came here for my stepmoms birthday with my dad and younger brother, I had heard that the food here was great! The food was slightly overpriced (not by much), My steak was served medium to well when i had asked for rare, so it tasted quite bland.. however, my familys food looked great and they all commented on how tasty it was, I was a bit jealous. Normally I would comment to the waiter/waitress, but as I was with my family, I didnt want to spoil the late afternoon as we had a nice day.
I would recommend this place to people, and I would go back again, but i wouldnt have the steak.
On the plus side, the staff were very friendly and made us all feel welcome.

• Visited August 2013
Hemel Hempstead, Herts
“Family gathering spoiled by terrible food”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Being the family of Bridge 324 I can only repeat what has already been said. I live in Hemel and have eaten here a few times, all being of satisfactory standard. This is why I booked us in for Sunday lunch. Really wish we had saved the £60 and cooked at home. Three out of the five roasts were edible and my parents meals (roast beef) were just awful, I really wish we'd taken a photo of them.

You honestly would not have fed your dog the meat on my parents plate. Not one piece resembled a 'slice' - just a few odds and sods of grizzle that couldn't even be cut. This is just not acceptable and I was so shocked that this standard of food was served here. I was really disappointed - was thinking about a group booking for xmas this year for at least 12 of us - won't be happening now. Giving this place a wide birth from now on - never stepping foot in the place again.

Visited September 2013
5 Thank shellywu
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
“Inedible expensive disgusting rubbish”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

How do you spoil an infrequent family get together lunch? Visit this place for an expensive foray into inedible rubbish. I have just returned from an infrequent trip to see my family, a round trip journey of 200 plus miles. Daughter booked us into this place and after a relaxing walk from their house we arrived and were shown to our table. We selected the "Sunday Roast" from the menu and awaited the feast. I selected the beef option as did the good lady, grandson opted for turkey whilst daughter and son in law chose the three meat platter. All OK so far. Meals arrived, reasonable order to table time, initially appealing visually and smelling good. On further investigation dish turned out to be very large floppy Yorkshire pudding laid on top of three roast potatoes, three slivers of beef and a dribbling of gravy. Mixed vegetables consisting of cauliflower cheese, segregated from a mixture of carrots peas and cabbage which were all mixed together. As I don't eat much green stuff I asked if there was another potato option which there was and "Can we get a bit more gravy?". Both requests dealt with. Still all OK. Then I looked at the meat. This was appalling. Fat and gristle which you couldn't cut with a knife. Good lady had same problem. Took opinions not wanting to make a fuss and after trying to cut the meat several more time I reluctantly called the waitress who then called the manager. She agreed that this was not of the required standard and asked me if I wanted another meat option. I told her that the whole idea of dining with the family was to eat the meal at the same time, we couldn't expect them to wait whilst the kitchen prepared another two meals. I declined the offer advising her that the moment had passed for me, I was seething and my appetite was destroyed so, thanks, but no thanks. The good lady opted for the pork which eventually arrived with a side dish of fresh vegetables just before the rest of the party finished their meals. Just to be absolutely fair, I will say that the others reported that the turkey and pork were edible but nothing to write home about. The beef on all four meals was virtually inedible. The cost was £11.95 per meal which represented terrible value for money. How the guy in the kitchen, I won't dignify his position with the title of Chef considered that cut of beef to be anything more than scrag end is beyond me. If I hadn't been with my daughter's family I would have left at the outset. A day which I had looked forward to for ages was ruined by this abysmal meal and although they didn't charge for my wife's replacement meal they missed the point. We all came to dine and talk together. With the myriad of eating establishments in the surrounding area, when are places like this going to realise that you have ONE chance to get it right. My wife and I will certainly not be going back, no great loss there as we live over a hundred miles away. My daughter's family live five minutes away and will not be going back and, more importantly, not recommending this place to anyone of their friends.

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank Bridge324
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Dine with a View”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Have eaten here twice in past 2 weeks, 1 lunch with the 'girls' and Sunday Lunch with family. Lunch outside on a lovely sunny day, good food, good company, you can't beat it ! Service with a smile too.
A few days later Sunday Lunch on a rainy day so inside this time, we had booked and although they were busy there was no rushing us to our table while we were enjoying a drink in the bar lounge. Our sunday roast was delicious, great scallops to start and then a great plate of traditional roast beef with all the trimmings. Yum.

• Visited September 2013