“Nice hotel, friendly polite staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aubrey Park Hotel

Aubrey Park Hotel
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, friendly polite staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

It's a nice hotel, recently refurbished - the bathroom was immaculate. Breakfast was very good, really thick bacon!
The staff are all very friendly and polite.
The only bad thing, and I don't know how this could be fixed, is that sound really travels! We stayed in a superior room 103 and even though it wasn't that close to the stairs you could hear every time someone walked up or down them, and the doors banging in the corridor was ridiculously noisy every time anyone went through. Also when people walk down the corridor talking there might as well not be a wall there. Very bad sound proofing. I would have been annoyed if I was there for more than one night.
I don't know what's happened In the lift but it smells like dirty dustbins in there.

Despite these things it is a nice hotel. We had a nice meal in the bar. It's a good place to stop overnight on the way through to somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LSelvey
GM_AubreyPark, General Manager at Aubrey Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that in general you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have had the lift deep cleaned and the lift void pressure washed as there was an odour that has now been dealt with. I have also looked with the property team at ways to reduce the noise from the self closing fire doors in the corridors and believe we have managed to reduce the noise made.

I am pleased that you experienced also the very positive changes we have made recently here at Aubrey Park and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mark

Mark Drake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed at Aubrey Park for one night and thought it was excellent.The room was very well furnished and clean.The shower was hot and powerful and the bed comfortable. We got the impression that there have been a lot of changes recently with new staff and manager and a big refurb which has turned the place around.All the staff were helpful and polite.
We had a meal in the restaurant and found the food exceptional.The restaurant is well furnished and has a nice atmosphere.The service was also attentive without being overbearing.The prices were quite high but used our Tastecard which made the meal very good value for the quality of the food.The breakfast was also good with plenty of choice.
It is true to say that some rooms are a bit of a walk away and there is not really an outlook from the room but these are minor points and we will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Holidaylover190800
GM_AubreyPark, General Manager at Aubrey Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

What more can I say but thank you for a fantastic review. We at Aubrey Park really do like to receive such fantastic feedback, as the whole team work so very hard to make our guests stay a very pleasurable one as we believe a hotel is not just about a great nights sleep but an experience to remember whether staying away on business or taking a leisure break.

Thank you for your kind words and the team & I look forward to welcoming you back to Aubrey Park very soon.

Kind Regards

Mark
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We didn't stay but we had a lovely meal here using a Taste Card and it was very very good. Very nice restaurant and service was good, but the food was outstanding. We had Scollops and the pork terrine followed by Chicken and Lamb, all very nice and good quantity too.

Room Tip: didn't stay
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of our Brassiere, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our food as we pride ourselves on being something different from the norm and our Executive Chef Peter Knight has put together some of what we believe to be the best dishes in the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and just to let you know we have launched today another menu in conjunction with our a la carte menu to give our diners even more choice.

Beds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Enjoyed our stay would give top marks but.....room was lovely modern and relaxing and a good size. Bathroom modern and bright. Only one gripe bed was too hard was not at all comfy. Woke up many times I think sleeping on the floor would have been better!!!!! Breakfast was help yourself lovely and hot, and the staff very polite and helpful. So overall very good unless you like to sleep on concrete.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us but I have noted your point in regards to your bed. As a hotel we took the decision to purchase medium to firm mattresses as these suit 95% of sleepers straight away and due indeed soften over a period of time to suit all sleep types.

Although I understand that a great nights sleep is key and would ask that next time you stay with us please make me aware and I will see what I can do to ensure you receive a softer mattress for your stay.

Thank you once again for a great review.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend to go walking in the Chiltern Hills. Reception staff were very kind and welcoming. Our room was spotless and very comfortable with a modern decor. Our first night was a bit turbulent as the guests next door were noisy. We did phone reception and they tried to sort this for us. The next morning, they very kindly moved our room. Even though we were told there was a wedding going on in the evening, we still had a great night's sleep. Breakfast is of a very high standard. We have paid similar rates in other hotels and the quality of room and breakfast has little comparison.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_AubreyPark, General Manager at Aubrey Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review, we at Aubrey Park are delighted that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us.

I was pleased to read that my team looked after you throughout your stay and that you thought our breakfast was great value.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Aubrey Park and thank you once again for your review.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel is in a nice location, the room was recently refurbished and of a good standard, and the evening meal was nice - it should have been a pleasant experience. And yet ... it was the most frustrating overnight stay I have had in a long time (and I spend a lot of time in hotels). Where to start? Only one person on the desk at check-in and check-out so lengthy delays both times; a room on the 2nd floor (as advised reception) but nowhere to be found when I took the lift to the 2nd floor (or would have done, had the button to the 2nd floor not been broken). Eventually found a staff member in the maze who told me I actually needed to go to the 1st floor, walk to the other end of the building, and then take the stairs to the 2nd floor .... all this whilst carrying a heavy backpack and case. The room was freezing cold and smelled strongly of fresh paint. There was no room service menu in the room and no-one answered the phone when I tried to ring down to get info on room service so I trekked all the way back down to the restaurant for dinner. I, and others, waited at least 10 minutes to be seated for dinner whilst several staff members went back and forth carrying food orders to the bar etc., all of them studiously avoiding making eye contact with us, let alone acknowledging that we were waiting and offering to do something about it. I eventually tackled one of these staff members to ask whether the restaurant was even open for business and only then did we eventually get seated. The next morning the fun started again when I could simply not work out how to operate the brand new shower - 3 dials, all of which I turned to no effect. In the end I had to get someone to come up and show me how it worked (they didn't know either, but eventually worked out that you had to turn more than one dial at the same time before it would operate - showers just shouldn't be this hard!). When I went down to breakfast I was told the restaurant didn't have any availability at that time and was asked to wait - a hotel which has to operate a queueing system for breakfast?! This in spite of the fact that I could see empty tables in the restaurant - perhaps they just didn't want to 'waste' a table for 4 guests on a guest on their own. At this point I gave up and queued for check out, having decided to get breakfast elsewhere rather than spend a minute more than I needed to in this Fawlty Towers environment.

Room Tip: You will have a lengthy walk to most rooms, along winding corridors with plenty of stairs.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Why3slm
Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly may I apologise for your stay as we failed to look after you on this occasion. We as a hotel have indeed gone through major refurbishment and have without question a lovely location and a fantastic product.

I have shared your feedback with the team here at Aubrey Park and put in place some new procedures based directly on your feedback, as although we put the guest first at all times we still value every comment as without feedback we can not strive to continuously improve.

We would very much like to welcome you once more to Aubrey Park and please feel free to contact me directly to make your next booking as I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Travelers are raving about these Hemel Hempstead hotels

Brampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here as part of a charity cycle marathon and found it to be very good.
Staff were very helpful, taking the bikes and locking them away for the night. Breakfast was wonderful, fresh and big choice.
Only thing was that there was no instructions for the very modern shower and it was extremely hot- unable to turn the heat down.
Other than that, great experience!

• Stayed September 2013
Ron C, Manager at Aubrey Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear star_angle_11,

Many thanks for your review, always good to receive at this end. We've had a couple of comments recently on the shower controls, so we're looking at some simple instructions for them, thanks for that. Glad you enjoyed your visit and I hope the rest of the ride went well, without any saddle-sore......
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hemel Hempstead
Shendish Manor Hotel
Shendish Manor Hotel
#4 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8
Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, ...
#5 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempst...
#1 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
#2 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Cent...
#3 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead

Been to Aubrey Park Hotel? Share your experiences!