“Good Thai Food!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We tried the Sunday/ Monday special dinner with a choice of starter, side dish, main course, tea or coffee - and we tried an assortment including the Soft Shell Crabs, Spring Rolls, Green and Yellow Curies with Prawn and Chicken, Fried Rice, Jasmine Rice, Pad Thai, Bak Choy, Mushrooms... and the food tantalized and delighted us... The service was great, the food was very enjoyable...

Reviewed September 23, 2013

After reading the reviews on this site was expecting something exceptional and was a little disappointed as it was not. Don't get me wrong it was nice the food was good, the staff helpful and friendly. It was reasonable value for money, but to me it was not what I would call Thai food it was more like Chinese with a hint of Thai. That being said every one enjoyed themselves and I would go back, if I was looking for a Chinese in the area as it is better than two others I have visited in the town a few years ago.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Probably the Best Chinese/Thai in Hemel. Myself and father were roaming around for something nice for dinner and we came across this place pure by chance. As Chinese food goes, don't expect cheap knock of dishes or GMS headaches; the food is authentic and delicious. Despite not knowing what most of the dishes were (as written on menu) the staff helped me to discover dishes I would like and added complimentary extra's to boot. The prawns were a great size in comparison to most competing restaurants, the vegetables in oyster sauce - Amazing, chicken in black bean sauce - Divine. You know its good when the prawn crackers come in that two tone colour and are warm as they arrive, even the side dishes of spring roles and prawn toast tasted freshly made in house. I finished off with a tiger beer and a smile on my face! Try this restaurant you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank SwiishCorbin
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a lunchtime birthday party here and it catered very well for our party of 9 including two people on a gluten free diet.We had set menu B which was delicious and the portions plentiful,the birthday boy of the group even received a complimentary bottle of wine which he very much appreciated.The service was excellent,the birthday cake was presented lit up with our sparkly candles to music and the manager got everyone to sing,now that was excellent service.Overall a great experience and I would highly recommend Chiangmai Cottage for great food and service.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Amazing food, well presented, attentive service, a beautiful old setting and on Sundays and Mondays, the most incredible gourmet deal. We were blown away by how good everything was - so much so we were tempted not to write a review in case it becomes too popular. We'll certainly go back (lots!).