“Canteen service.”

Calzone Essential Pizza
Ranked #31 of 158 Restaurants in Hemel Hempstead
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hertfordshire
“Canteen service.”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

On arrival at the restaurant we were being seated when the waitress told us we had 1.5 hours to eat and leave. The food was ok but nothing to get excited about and certainly not enough to put up with the arrogance of the staff and the manager. We will not be returning and I would not recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013

London, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

A very friendly restaurant good fresh food with large helpings and excellent service. Location on the bank of canal.
Well worth the money!!!

Exeter
“Great Food excellent friendly service.”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Was a little unsure about visiting Calzone as I was once again accompanied by my son in his large electric wheelchair, however shouldn't have worried as the staff were only to happy to help to accommodate him. The food was delicious and well presented and the prices were reasonable. In fact the experience was so good we returned for breakfast the next day.

Visited June 2013
Great Wakering, United Kingdom
“Service lets it down”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

2 reviews here...

Went here for breakfast on Sunday and had smoked salmon and poached eggs with my boyfriend. Food was good - better than most places in Hemel so I thought I would say thanks to the waiter and say what I thought. He almost grunted at me, went to get the bill and left us sitting there with it for ages. We ended up going up to the bar to pay. Thought that was a bit rubbish but everyone has an off day.

Went back the next day to try the fry up and ended up walking out before they'd even brought us our drinks. We ordered them, then he went away, for ages. When he came to order our breakfast I asked if I could change a couple of bits. The waiter nearly shouted at me to explain I could only change one thing! He then proceeded to raise his voice louder at my partner! We got up and walked out. Never been spoken to so rudely by a waiter before. Disgusting!

Such a shame as could be so nice! :(

2 Thank Charli C
“A jewel on the canal”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a regular stop for us. Constantly superb, food fantastic as is the service. I was shocked to read the negative reviews and have never been subjected to such poor treatment or service. Seafood and chicken paella is better than I had in Barcelona and the pizza's are more than adequate with good selection. As for the new breakfast menu this is truly superb. Thoroughly recommend