“A wonderful birthday party”
Review of The Snow Centre

The Snow Centre
London, United Kingdom
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“A wonderful birthday party”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

When my son asked to have his 6th birthday party at the Snow Centre, I had no idea what to expect but it was such a memorable day for us I have to recommend it.

The party team were very accommodating and helpful. I changed the party date 3 times and they remained professional and understanding, communicating well with me by both telephone and email.
They bent over backwards to change the age range of the children at my request, and I was never made to feel I was a bother. I spoke to a different person each time and they had the same positive attitude.

On the day, the children enjoyed sledging under the supervision of the party hostess and her assistant. They even sang happy birthday in the snow and had a snowball fight which was lovely to catch on video.

We had the Columbus room to ourselves and I was able to play party music for the children with the help of my iPhone and mini speakers for singalong and dance. The food was superb and the party hostess was brilliant and attentive.

We all had a great time and are already planning the next party.

5 Thank Intrepidbirdlady

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I went to the SnowCentre yesterday for a 2 hour snowboarding freestyle rookie class and thought it was well worth the £39 I spend on it.

The instructor - Wayne - was great and super friendly, explained us some basics and showed how to approach some tricks.

Obviously if you expect to learn to fully complete a trick without much of prior snow park experience in these 2 hours then you will be disappointed - it's not going to magically happen. But he will show you all the basics which you can then take and practice yourself with.

The only problem I had was the ski lift which was just a rope. After 2 hours my hands were absolutely numb and I was more tired of getting up the hill then going down in the snowpark. I think this should be changed by this Centre - in Alps they have the nice 'conveyor belt' type lifts which could be easily used here.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Fantastic way to try something new”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Hey all! This is the first time I've taken the time to write a trip advisor review. I figure that most people won't hesitate to tell the world when they are unfortunate enough to get bad service at a restaurant or similar (myself included) but that stand-out establishments often don't always get the recognition they deserve. Last month a friend and I enjoyed a fantastic day at the Hemel Hempstead Snow Centre and I cannot recommend it highly enough!

I have only been skiing once previously (and quite some time ago) but have been eager to give snowboarding a try. I wasn't confident enough of my ability to pick it up quickly to join a group of my friends on a trip to Switzerland last winter so when I learned of the 'beginners Ski/Snowboard day' offered at The Snow Centre it seemed like just the ticket! The day itself is a very well run 5 hour session (allow six with parking, registration and getting your kit on etc) that includes all necessary equipment, one-on-one supervision with a friendly and highly experienced (at least in my case) instructor. Lunch and soft drinks are included and the total price was £159 pp. All things considered - very reasonable in my opinion.

To be honest I was just hoping to get a taste of what it's like and didn't really think I would come away with anything substantial in terms of 'snowboarding experience'. How wrong I was! By the end of the day both my friend and I were zipping down the reasonably sized slope with relative ease. OK, I'd be lying if I said I didn't end up on my bottom more often than not for the first two hours but once it clicked we both had a blast! I now feel confident enough to head to the real slopes later this month so, happy days! Thanks to everyone at The Snow Centre for providing such a fantastic day. I would definitely recommend a day here for anyone looking for a fun, indoor activity or just something different but particularly for those who have never given snow sports a go but would like to.

1 Thank Steve b
Rugby, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“DOWN HILL ALL THE WAY, BUT IN A NICE WAY”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

A day or half day out here is money well spent, if your either learning to ski or just looking to maintain a level. Instruction is good but be aware that instructors can move on from year to year.
instruction will always be of a high level.

Visited March 2012
“Excellent Teachers”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Being a complete noob to Skiing, I found Claudia's teaching style excellent; similar to that of what I've recently read in The Inner Game of Tennis by W Timothy Gallwey.

The facilities suited my needs perfectly and the receptionist was friendly when booking the lesson.

I nearly went to Milton Keynes which was a lot more expensive, yet I am glad I looked around as I will be returning to The Snow Centre.

I'm writing this review while I'm waiting for my food in the cafe, so I can't comment on the quality; if it's either incredible or terrible I'll add another comment.