“DOWN HILL ALL THE WAY, BUT IN A NICE WAY”
Review of The Snow Centre

The Snow Centre
Rugby, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“DOWN HILL ALL THE WAY, BUT IN A NICE WAY”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

A day or half day out here is money well spent, if your either learning to ski or just looking to maintain a level. Instruction is good but be aware that instructors can move on from year to year.
instruction will always be of a high level.

Visited March 2012

“Excellent Teachers”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Being a complete noob to Skiing, I found Claudia's teaching style excellent; similar to that of what I've recently read in The Inner Game of Tennis by W Timothy Gallwey.

The facilities suited my needs perfectly and the receptionist was friendly when booking the lesson.

I nearly went to Milton Keynes which was a lot more expensive, yet I am glad I looked around as I will be returning to The Snow Centre.

I'm writing this review while I'm waiting for my food in the cafe, so I can't comment on the quality; if it's either incredible or terrible I'll add another comment.

St Albans
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very good well run and good instruction,not as big as some ,but big enough.
Easy to park and close to M! and M25 motorways .

Visited February 2013
London
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Learning to ski”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I booked the one day beginners course and it was a really good experience. The group was small enough to get many runs of the slopes in and the tuition from John was excellent. He went through the very basics and on to getting proficient linked turns in and use of pommel lift etc. Very good. Lunch and drinks included, excellent hire equipment, easy parking and friendly staff.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Guliver101
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“not worth the hassle”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've tried it once.
First of all, Short and too busy slope. Second of all, if you don't have a car then think twice whether it's worth it. I live in London so train from Euston £13 return, from the train station there is about 2 miles walk but I would not recommended at night as it's very dark and scary. Taxi return £18, clothing £6,5. Two hours on the slope depending on day £33-47. Rather poor meal £10. So for two hours of 'fun' I paid nearly £100!!!!!!
The second time I was supposed to go with my friends but couldn't make it. I called the snow centre up on a day asking whether they can just put the pre paid amount as a credit to be used another time or to reschedule my visit. I was told that to get 50% reimbursement I should have called 24 hours prior my visit and to get 100% 48 prior my visit. But I did not ask to be reimbursed!
I was told that nothing can be done.
Well, the lack of cooperation on the staff behalf means that I will not be using their service again and won't be recommending it to anyone. Because lets face it, there is no such thing like impossible. The fact that they did not ask me when I was supposed to coming and what service I requested proves the attitude. Advice for the future: it's better to keep your customers happy not annoyed.

Visited January 2013