“Candle light dinner!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Nice place in a kind of old country house converted into a restaurant. Lot of space outside in the garden. We would have chosen a table outside, but they are only usef for self service and we were not in the mood for that. So we ended up at a nice oval table inside, 8 collegues. Kind of hot, without air conditioning. Half way through the dinner...black out! Actually a very strange one, part of the house was still illuminated, but not our side, and we had to continue just with candles for the next hour or so. I had a very good pea soup and a "west side story burger" (well, something like that...) that was just OK. After more than an hour at candle light, we went ouside for some fresh air, just in time for the light to be back...

There are newer reviews for The Marchmont Arms

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had my wedding reception at the Marchmont and have nothing but good things to say about it. I first dealt with Ryan and then Tina took over as my main point of contact and looked after me all the way through from booking to the end of the actual day....she even drove my Dad home to get my purse when I forgot my credit card to pay at the end of the big day!! (Well, I guess you would right?!) The staff were brilliant, the food was excellent (I asked the Chef to go 'off piste' and try cooking Caribbean fusion cuisine and he did a fantastic job), Tina put up fairy lights for me and crystals on the table (not as naff as it sounds) and the venue looked really smart. Attention to detail was brilliant and we even went back the next day for Sunday lunch....which was also really good. A touch of class in Hemel Hempstead.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful food and fab buzzy atmosphere. Service can be not up to 100% but its only because there always busy. The food is worth the wait.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We visited here for the first time very recently and were really impressed by the food, quality, price and choice. Whilst the service was initially good it tailed off. The restaurant was busy but there were more than sufficient staff. i would say a bit more basic training on customer service and selling would help.
However, have gone once would certainly try again. Pizza and their Linguine is certainly worth a try.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had the chance to visit the Marchmont Arms in Hemel Hempstead for a luncheon on Sunday. We had a wonderful time. As we were a party of 14 they had put us in a separate room from the restaurant which was just lovely. The food was excellent and the staff were brilliant. All our food arrived at approx the same time, which for a group of our size is unusual, and was hot! We had chosen our meals some days before. Mine was spit roast chicken and my partners was pork belly, which he said was the best he'd ever had, as was my chicken. All our group enjoyed their meals and desserts. The staff were attentive without being over the top and I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant for not only the food but the setting, staff and cleanliness. Thank you for a lovely day.