“Haunted”

Hangar Hotel Hatfield
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hatfield
Hangar Hotel Hatfield
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in Easter, the gym was Excellent I must say the bar staff also very helpful and the food was excellent, However when I stayed there I stayed in a room called the penthouse about 2 o'clock in the morning I felt a pain in my back it felt like a woman was scratching my back, I complained to the reception and asked them if they had ever had this complaint before they said no and I was truly shocked and horrified by this experience, Beware do not stay at the penthouse at your own risk.

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank JoeStevenson

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My poor rating is based mainly on the actual standard of the bedroom that I stayed in.

There are good points about the Hangar -

The staff - I found to be really welcoming and professional, especially Georgia in the bar / restaurant, and the receptionist who checked me in on arrival (Admittedly, they were the only 2 people that I had contact with, but they gave a great impression)

Lots of stuff in the room - great air conditioning, a hairdryer, an iron and board, trouser press, tea and coffe etc,

The gym is also very good.

The not so great -

The decor, furniture and cleanliness of the room that I stayed in (4, I think) left a very great deal to be desired, and I felt that it was below par on a number of levels. The furniture was very tatty dated and battered, the carpet was stained and dirty, the bathroom wouldn't have been out of place in a prison.

Also, although I am not disabled, this was supposed to be a disabled room. If I was in a wheelchair, I would not have been able to open or close my curtains as the cord that is supposed to let you do this is broken, and the curtains would have been out of reach as the window is high up - nor would I have been able to turn on the lamp in the corner of the room, as it was unplugged, with the plug again, out of reach in the corner. As it was, I didn't want to plug it in, because the socket under the desk that was the only one it would reach to was hanging off the wall. And re. the bathroom comment above - yes it needs to be adapted because it's a disabled room, but that doesn't mean it should be nasty!

The food was a fairly neutral point - pretty edible, but the curry that I ordered was obviously a microwave meal. Not especially expensive, but just boring and uninspiring microwave and deep fat fryer fare. (And mostly pretty unhealthy, given that this is a restaurant in a Gym, although there were options for omelette and salad)

There is no room service.

A shame, because it could be nice here, if someone spent some money on it, but there are nicer places to stay very nearby, at a comparable cost.

Room Tip: Not the disabled room (4 I think) Can't say about any of the others - they may be much better.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank sonofcod
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I was booked into this hotel by my company. The first time I went I was given room 4. This is an odd room. There is no actual tub - just a shower in the middle of the room! The sink is too small to fill either a glass or the kettle that is provided. There was a lamp in the room, but no light bulb and the coffee was rock hard and the cups provided were sticky!

I was booked in again a few weeks later and got room 5. Much better bathroom, however it seems no matter what room you are in at this hotel, you will have lights missing! This time room 5 had a lovely lamp in the corner, but no bulb. Also the lights in the bathroom - half of them were out. The coffee station was a bit cleaner, but again, a sticky coffee cup.

The restaurant is in the gym lobby which is fine, but if you want some peace and quiet at the end of the work day, go somewhere else. There must have been about 30 children running wild in the restaurant bar area. This hotel does not have room service.

Apparently the gym and facilites are included in the price of your stay, but I have not had a chance to use them yet.

The two different rooms I stayed in had the same problem in the morning with condensation on the massive windows. There isn't very much ventilation (the extractor fan in room 5 didn't work either).

Both times I checked in, the young blonde at reception, while efficient is a far cry from friendly. She's a bit like a robot and doesn't give an air of welcome. I'm only there for the night and on business, but it would nice to have a smile aimed at you once in a while!

Overall if you have to stay here it's not bad, but I would never actually "choose" to stay there if I was on holiday - not that many people take a holiday to Hatfield! ;o)

Room Tip: Do not choose room 4!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jackyd99
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The reception and the service staff deserve kudos; They make sure you matter - whether you are arriving or checking out. There are only 20 rooms and with business parks around, the rooms get booked out quickly.. It is just over 5 pounds away from the train station; and within easy reach of motorway (A1/ M25)

There is no room service, but the front reception, the restaurant and other staff in the leisure departments are very helpful and welcoming. Guests can use the gym/ leisure facilities.

The room decor is a bit dated, and could do with a re-fit; But for the business traveler visiting the region, it ticks most boxes.

Room Tip: Rooms are on the same
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ibnbatuta1
Reviewed October 29, 2011

What's good?
- Modern rooms
- Excellent leisure facilities (full free access for hotel guests)
- Quiet
- Friendly Staff
- Free wi-fi

What wasn't so good?
- Cold bedrooms
- "Small" double bed; only appeared to be a 3/4 length one
- Bathroom could have done with a deep clean

Hotel only had 20 rooms (situated directly above the gym). If arriving after 10pm, you have to call a mobile number to arrange entry,

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank tripreview11
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Had an excellent two night stay, very modern room, clean and tidy. Restaurant good as well, clearly some improvments since the previous reviews.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Part of David Lloyd's Hangar Gym Complex this hotel offers a number of air-conditioned rooms that are large, with restricted internet access and inclusive access to the Gym, sauna's and restaurant. Offer free parking.

The gym is excellent. The building is somewhat needing a coat of paint and renovation. Whilst I was there there was a leak that wrecked the shop and entrance.

The restaurant had dirty tables, glasses and cutlery with basic microwaved food. Not appetizing but then there is nothing else on this industrial park.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank opentrail
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel
Ramada Hatfield
#5 of 6 in Hatfield
Travelodge Hatfield Central
Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Best Western Welwyn Garden City ...
#3 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Sopwell House
Sopwell House
#3 of 10 in St. Albans

Been to Hangar Hotel Hatfield? Share your experiences!