Beales Hatfield Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ramada Hatfield(Hatfield)
View Hotel
Brocket Hall(Welwyn Garden City)
View Hotel
All reviewsoutsidein restaurantcontemporary hotellovely hotelst albansacross the roadbiscuitsbooked this hotelsaturday nightnight's sleepcan't faultflat screen tvrestaurant staffbuffet stylecourse mealone night stayplenty of parkingironing board
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2009

A stylish modern hotel with a large car park, situated just across the road from the Hatfield Galleria shopping centre; convenient for the A1(M).
The room was well equipped with flat screen TV and good bathroom; the bed was quite soft.
Check in was excellent – luckily the Receptionist warned me about the noisy function and moved us to a room at the rear of the hotel which was very quiet. Breakfast was fine. Dinner in the two-rosette restaurant was rather disappointing – our steaks were nothing special, and service was polite if rather slow.
The biggest problem was a party being held in the function room which played loud music from before 5.30 to after midnight. Drunken partygoers constantly walking past the restaurant did nothing to improve the ambience. I suggest you check for functions if you book this hotel.
The price paid was reasonable for the quality of hotel.
If you want a modern hotel with a good restaurant I would suggest the Aviator at Farnborough is better.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brighton9
Reviewed May 9, 2009

Beales Hotel has a very good designed interieur. There are modern paintings in the rooms and on the floors.

Unfortunally the area around is very boring (motorway, shopping mall, business park but no much green, no pubs).

The breakfast was good, local products, self backed brown bread. But i had to wait to long for coffea and eggs.

I'ts not cheap. So i can recommend it for business trips mainly.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2009

stayed at the Beales for 1 night in January while away with work.
Check in was painless but finding the room was a bit difficult due to ultra modern tiny tiny signs! but not an issue really.

Room was a soft lilac colour with built in wardrobes and flat screen tv. Soft lighting also meant the room was very restful, which I needed after a very long day.

The bed was one of the best I've had in a hotel room and was fantastic. Also radiator and air con so temperature was perfect

Minor issue with the bathroom, as must have been very recently painted as the fumes were quite strong. Also paint flecks on the handle and bath. But the bathroom was nice and very big bath.

Breakfast was poor and was late, which wasn't great. Toast was cold, tea was cold but fruit was nice. This spoilt the experience but overall good.
Would recommend and quite reasonably priced. Will be staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2008

My company has been doing some work in Hatfield and we have an agreed corporate rate here at the Beales Hotel so I have no idea if the normal rate is good value or not. I would have to say though the rate we are charged does provide relatively decent value for money. I have been charged similar amounts for much worse hotels and much higher amounts for comparable hotels. Anyway, the Beales: I must admit that from both its position and outward appearance I wasn't expecting a great deal but inside it is a very different story. The hotel is modern, clean, smart and well appointed. The rooms are reasonably spacious and well provided. The restaurant is on the whole excellent although I have only used it for breakfast (although colleagues who have used it in the evening have had no complaints). The bar is pricey but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it had some locally produced real ale (bottle conditioned) in case you are interested.

I have had no complaints to make on the couple of occasions I have stayed here so I have no idea what the staff are like when faced with a problem but they appear courteous and reasonably efficient in doing their day-to-day work.

One other thing - there is artwork prominently displayed throghout the hotel - nothing unusual in that to an extent but many hotels seem to use 'art' as some kind of additional element in their interior design scheme - an add on to match the bedding or whatever - but at Beales it is 'real' art and is very well used. I think this is very unusual and ought to be mentioned and applauded.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 19, 2008

We recently stayed at The Beales Hotel where we got a great rate to stay in this 4 star hotel. Fortunately on Trip Advisor it has a 3 star rating - a true reflection on our experience.

We checked in with a very moody receptionist and asked for help with our suitcases as we were catching a flight the next day we had quite a bit. We were astounded that in this alledged 4 star hotel that there was no concierge to help with luggage. We had to make three trips to the car and back along very hot corridors.

The room looked ok but had seen better days, my wife found hair in the bath and the cups were dirty for making hot drinks.

On leaving to go out for some dinner I used the public toilet and was totally disgusted by the state. Both toilet were blocked with previous peoples waste and one of the urinals were overflowing, not to mention the paper towels all over the floor.

On leaving I mentioned to the receptionist to take a look at the gents toilets and she looked at me in a disgust!

The beds are very comfortable and breakfast was ok, nice buffet but the cooked foor was cold.

You will pay travel lodge rates to stay in this hotel so dont let there website fool you that it is a 4 star hotel as from our experience it is no more than a budget 3 star.

We never once saw a manager during our stay, just young kids trying to do there best.

Sadly you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
andrew19, owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2008

I was very sad indeed to read the review of our "dirty hotel" - a description of Beales Hotel that I truly did not recognise.

Please do not take my word for it, because on all the various hotel review websites, Beales Hotel comes out as by far the cleanest hotel in Hatfield and surrounding areas.

We have a very professional full time housekeeping team led by Denise Parkinson Executive Housekeeper and Lucy Plant Head Housekeeper. Many chain hotels now rely exclusively on agencies for their housekeeping teams, a much more unreliable way of ensuring the cleanliness of a hotel.

Our team are tasked with keeping this beautiful hotel immaculate at all times. I am sorry that we fell short this time for our guest but genuinely believe it to be a one-off and not representative of our usual high standards.

If any Tripadvisor guest views this comment and then subsequently books a bedroom at the hotel, please ask at the bar for a complimentary 125ml glass of house wine on me as a way of saying thank you for taking the time to read this response.

Andrew Beale