“REALLY NICE HOTEL”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
Swansea
“REALLY NICE HOTEL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went on a Travelzoo deal, very good value. Room was excellent, hotel modern and clean. Service very good. Meal in the evening was very good...only points away was I get really fed up when vegetables are classed as extras, it doesnt cost much to put a few on the plate! But that said the evening meal was very good - as a single traveller, and the deal was for two people, they let me have a meal on the second night too, so that was a bonus. Breakfast very good and along with the buffet things like fried eggs etc., were cooked fresh to order.
One point that might be addressed, I am hard of hearing and although the room had a modern flat screen tv the remote was very limited and had no place to switch on subtitles or indeed text - just a small point but I had to have the tv up loud so hope I didnt upset anyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Beales Hotel.

I am so pleased that we looked after you well, and that you enjoyed the food and the accommodation.

You will be pleased to hear that we are in the process of updating all the TVs at the hotel, a programme that will be finalised by the end of September 2013 when we will be going digital, with dozens of new Freeview channels as well as the current Sky Sports 1,2,3. This will then give you the facility for subtitles.

Do come again all the way from Swansea, when you are next in the area, whether on a Travelzoo deal or not. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Beales Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at Beales hotel last night, as part of a travelzoo offer and we had an excellent stay. We arrived and were greeted by friendly reception staff and our room was clean and well equipped.

We ate a 3 course dinner in the hotel restaurant and everything was perfect! The chef seemed proud of sourcing local food (there was an information booklet on our table). My partner had steak and I had salmon.

We went to bed, only to hear a banging noise (very windy night). So I called reception to see if they could look into it. Within a couple of minutes 2 members of staff knocked on the door and asked me to explain where the noise was coming from and that they would sort - which they did. Fantastic service!

Breakfast was great, lots of choice and great sausages! Really can't fault anything.

Great stay, shame we could only stay 1 night!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your kind comments following your stay at Beales Hotel.

It was a pleasure to welcome you and to sort out the problems due to the wind.

I am pleased you picked up on the local food theme too - with the recent horse meat scandal, it is hard to know who to trust for your food.

Happily being a long established family business, we have strong links to local farmers in Herts, Essex, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire - all our meat comes from just three farms, whether Simmental beef, Old Spot Pork, farmed venison, wild boar sausages, pheasant, partridge and other game, or free range chicken.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Beales Hotel in the future.

With kindest regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

small but very nice hotel, very clean, Eve on reception extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great, good selection and dinner was very good. Room clean and bed comfy but I was kept awake with the humming of the heating even though we turned it right down. Glass door on right side of wardrobe cracked, tile in the bathroom cracked, bed moved, castors not fixed but what let it down for me was the mugs - not washed properly and had tea "rings". However, having said this, we enjoyed our stay and we would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Beales hotel and I am glad that in the main we looked after you well.

However there were obviously some deficiencies in the bedroom, and I would be glad if you could kindly email me via my email address to let me know which bedroom you were staying in, then we will immediately rectify the points that need attention.

If you can't remember the room number then just your name would be enough to identify the room concerned.

Thank you for your constructive criticism that I welcome to ensure we keep up our standards, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Hoddesdon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

My friend and I went to Beales Hotel for lunch on a travelzoo voucher. It was the best lunch ever. Fantastic value, the staff were friendly and very helpful, the food was perfect and presented beautifully. we did not get treated any different because we were getting the meal cheap. It was easy to find with plenty of parking. We will definitely go again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Wow what a brilliant review, thanks so much !

We have been running a Travelzoo offer at £19 for two courses for two people + a glass of bubbly each on arrival. It is super cheap, but a good way of inviting people to see this lovely hotel and its fab restaurant.

The kitchen team is headed up by Diego Granada Head Chef and Phil Macrides Sous Chef, and I think they do a brilliant job.

Do come again, it will be such a pleasure to welcome you back to Beales Hotel and the Outsidein Restaurant.

N. E. England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Recently stayed three nights here. One often departs from a four star thinking it should be three. this was not the case here my wife and I agreed it merited the four rating.
My son and daughter in law who live in Welwyn came to dine on two nights with their 18 month daughter.
The restaraunt staff accommodated our needs in apolite professional manner.
The maid often the unsung hero kept our room 52 in immaculate condition.

Our stay was enjoyable but to small points.
To many add on prices within the menu. Flexibility yes to a degree but appears to the eye as perhaps a bit of a money grabber. The food was however good dining.
From a safety standpoint clear glass panels within the hotel need to be marked in my opinion.

We will return to this hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review of Beales Hotel.

You are right that many four star hotels feel borderline 3 star - in particular this seems to be the case with seaside hotels, or chain hotels where the profits have not been reinvested from one year to the next as we do.

Beales Hotel is currently the highest rated four star hotel in Herts with 2 AA rosettes for the cuisine, and 79% quality rating for all aspects of our service.

A word about supplements - we deliberately keep menu prices low to encourage our residents to dine in, and currently have 22 dishes on our winter restaurant menu, just five of which have a supplement like fillet steak or sea bass due to their much higher price.

Do come again, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Beales Hotel !

Knebworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for one night,we had purchased a deal with travel zoo,the check in was straightforward
and the receptionist was very pleasent,the rooms were spacious and had everything in the room to make the
stay more relaxing.
the food for the evening meal was very good and so was the breakfast in the morning the staff were pleasent
and helpful,great location for shopping,all in all a good time,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of Beales Hotel.

I am so glad you enjoyed your Travelzoo weekend break.

Although you didn't travel far to get to the hotel, I am glad you made use of the facilities in the local area - in particular the Galleria Outlet Centre which is opposite the hotel, as well as the Howard Centre in Welwyn Garden City, and (more attractively) St Albans Saturday market. All these places are within minutes of the hotel.

Do come again soon, I am sure we will be doing another Travelzoo offer before long.

Kind regards,

Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed in The Beales Hotel for 2 nights and the rooms were lovely. The waitors and waitresses were kind but the food and the restaurant is poor. I know it is hard to extend a restaurant however I believe that would be a good idea. Hatfield is a lovely location just outside London. It's all nice except don't go with kids.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Andrew B, Owner at Beales Hatfield Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of Beales Hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed your rooms, and that you also enjoyed Hatfield and the surrounding area, not something many of our guests comment upon.

I am a bit mystified by your comment about the restaurant and food being poor, and you saying don't bring the kids. We have children's menu prices on our menus, at a very reasonable £8.50 for mains and £4.00 for any starters or desserts as well as big discounts at breakfast.

Without more detail I can't really comment further, but I do know that it would be a pleasure to welcome you all back to Beales Hotel in the future.

Beales Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,073 reviews
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
#1 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City

Been to Beales Hatfield Hotel? Share your experiences!