$112
Smart Rooms(Hatfield)
$37
The White House(Hatfield)
$36
Premier Inn Hatfield Hotel(Hatfield)(Great Value!)
$62
Priceline
Priceline
Hatfield Suites(Hatfield)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsall inclusive dealinclusive breakexecutive roomgreat weekendhouse winesandwicheseggs benedictst albansweekend breakcrispsboth nightscouldn't do enoughcoffee machinesoupfantastic valuebar areawedding reception
Reviewed May 24, 2017

With fire alarms going off numerous times over the course of the night the operators of this gong show seem to have forgotten the reason they exist is because their patrons seek a place to sleep. As if this weren't bad enough the front desk staff inform us the problem has gone unabated for years.
The rooms have no positive ventilation of any kind apparently (apparently) owing to the fact that they have opening windows. Being that the rooms are at ground level in a moderate to high crime area I can't believe the hotel operator would actually expect their clientele to sleep with them open.
The restaurant serves East Indian food that tastes like curried dirt.
It is difficult to comprehend such an asinine facility functioning in this day and age. If they published their shortcomings on their website the place would have been boarded up years ago.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Katherine W, Front Office Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, although I am extremely sorry to read that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At the hotel we are always striving to provide a superior service experience for every customer, and I am so sorry that your stay was far from satisfactory, your feedback is very important to us and please be rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you encountered and prevent future occurrence.

Once again please accept our sincerest apologies

Yours sincerely

Reviewed May 21, 2017

We stayed at this hotel as part of a wedding weekend. Marie the receptionist was brilliant. Very friendly staff. Room was clean, quite and had a great night sleep on a very comfortable bed. They were so helpful too when a hitch occurred at the wedding (which was at another venue). Would definitely stay there again and recommend it to friends. Free wi fi good food. excellent experience

Room Tip: stayed in room 113 was quite and very comfortable
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Katherine W, Owner at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us, whilst going to a wedding locally.

It is so encouraging to get such positive feedback, and I have certainly shared your kind words with Marie and the team.

We hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. Check in was great. We advised we had a baby so didn't mind if we were placed at the far end room of a hotel so not to disturb others, which we were given. Our room was roomy, basic but clean. We had a standard room. Maybe more attention to detail needed as we found a previous guest's socks and only had one towel. When we rang reception another towel was brought. There was no iron and ironing board in the room but again we could borrow one from reception. Other guest's advised these were available in an executive room. No wardrobe in our room but hanging space which was fine. Drink prices are as expected for a hotel.the bar service at lunch time was sparce, i had to ask a manager as I couldn't see any staff after waiting a while. Our sandwiches at lunch took 40 mins to come which was a bit long for a sandwich. I did notice they were preparing for a function but should this affect normal service? No probably not. The sandwich was lovely. Staff didn't have knowledge of a decent Italian restaurant nearby and after having no luck booking one ourselves, decided to stay in the hotel given the food at lunch was nice. Well what a bad decision that was! Waited 45 mins just for starters (which were lovely when they arrived). Then another 40 mins for main. We were given the wrong sauce with steaks, a pork chop instead of pork steak on mixed grill, meatballs burnt but pasta bale like lava, some chips raw in the middle, given sweet potato fries as a sub instead of a side. I think we'd got a bit past it too once it arrived. Offered a free dessert and drink but declined as we'd heard from another guest the desserts were shocking. The manager was completely empathetic and offered to wipe our full bill but we said we would pay for the starter. The bar staff could maybe crack a smile now and again. My friend asked for Malibu and he started pouring Archers to which she sent it back. He didn't understand what Malibu was. Shower was lovely and bed was comfy. The wifi was easy to connect to but shocking to use. Just used my own data instead. We had no issue with noise but a friend had teenagers running in the corridors screaming but the night porter dealt with the situation well by all accounts. Breakfast lovely but toast was cold so sent it back for more. Was also given more toast when asked. Overall it was ok and staff were very attentive but I don't think I'd hurry back any time soon.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Katherine W, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations in respect to the service and food you received in the restaurant ; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed May 21, 2017

My wife and I stayed at this hotel as part of a Holiday Editions inclusive package and were pleasantly surprised. Reception was one of the best I have encountered in my many years of staying in hotels worldwide. Staff were efficient, cheerful, helpful and friendly as were all other staff we encountered well led by Sumi the Restaurant Manager. Food was good, particularly the breakfast which was self service but, unlike Pendley Manor hotel (also reviewed by me) the servery was constantly monitored to ensure the food was hot and well presented. Scrambled eggs were particularly good and items such as Eggs Benedict were available as part of the normal menu - not an extra charge as many hotels do. The first room allocated on the ground floor overlooked the patio adjacent to the bar and we were disturbed on our first night by rowdy drinkers. When we told Reception they immediately offered a quieter room and arranged for our belongings to be moved whilst we were out during the day. I find it very hard to fault this hotel.

Room Tip: Keep away from rooms near the bar patio.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel when you stayed as part of the Travel Editions party.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. and your kind words about Sumi, I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights as I was on a local training course. Overall I was very happy with my stay. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and the shower was excellent.The only issues I encountered were the fire alarm going off at 1.30am on my first night and my key card stopped working halfway through my stay. The room was also very hot until I turned off the heated towel rail in the bathroom on the second day. Oh and I did notice various signs and documents which instructed me to use the room phone to contact Reception for things like room service, and yet there was no phone in the room...!

I'd definitely stay here again if I go on another training course in the future. It was clean and safe.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review , we are so pleased you had a pleasant stay, but we are of course a little disappointed that certain aspects of your stay fell short of expectations, we have certainly taken your comments on board.

We hope to see you again on your next training course.