had a 3 day stay here and will list my findings as I noted them. bad first, get the rant over with.
1. not good. dead flies/moths/dust along all the window ledges and floors in reception.
2. pillows not to comfy in the bedrooms, softer please for the older folk (my companion, not me ha!)
3. starters arrived on first night which was nothing like what was stated. mentioned it to the staff who apologised and said the chef that night did not have all the ingredients & was trying to make use of what he had. ! not a good idea especially if you are expecting sunblush tomatoes and basil, nothing at all like chopped tomatoes with peppers :( disappointed.
what a lovely place. reception was friendly and precise. we were an early check in and our twin room was ready straight away. freshly aired & cleaned, with a large quantity of clean white towels, a spare loo roll, a selection of toiletries and a tray of complimentary tea's & coffee's ready for our arrival (bathroom fairly modern, bath looked a bit "used" although shower was powerful, all in all it done the job it was intended to do and we had no complaints). Large comfy single beds. desk, chair, t.v, hairdryer, good mirrors and lighting.
Dinner was wonderful, especially the mains and desert. breakfast the following day was really good too, huge selection, well cooked, well presented, waiting staff, alert, prompt, but not hovering. iv been to some 4* restaurants that haven't served up food as good as this. the lunch which was included in our "deal" was also very very good, 1 & half sandwich's each with a selection of crisps & salad on the side plus a portion of chips and free wine/beer/soft drinks & teas/coffees for the same day deal. cant complain at that at all.
The restaurant was small and secluded but fitted the full hotel of guests perfectly, you never felt squashed or on top of each other and had privacy. My companion would also like to point out that milk to accompany her coffee was heated, she states that even in 4/5* establishments they have failed to do that so she was extremely pleased, I have mine black so never take any notice :) Very pleased overall and am surprised that its only 3*. will definitely use again when in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel is ideal for the business or leisure traveller. Close to three motorways, the hotel is just 3 minutes from Junction 23 of the M25, 1 minute from Junction 2 and 3 minutes from the A1M, as well as situated close to the M1. There is easy access to central London, which is just 25 minutes away by train. The airports of Luton, Stansted and Heathrow are also all within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Accorhotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.