“Great relaxing weekend”

Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We spent last weekend at the Mercure Hatfield on one of their all inclusive deals. All meals included, all beers(selected range) and house wine included. A really relaxing weekend. We don't live far from Hatfield but it was great to drive to the hotel rather than go home and face all the chores like gardening and painting. Service and food was of a high standard. Good connections into London. An added bonus we didn't need to hammer down the motorway to get home. Will certainly do it again

1  Thank Malc93
AnnaBrennan, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments and glad we can be of service to the local community as well as the further a field guests. We look forward to your future stays.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

I recently organised a corporate event at this hotel which comprised of a three course meal followed by stand-up comedy.

In the lead up to the event, the hotel staff were in constant contact with me and very much took part in the organisation of it all. The night itself went seamlessly - the food was excellent and the comedian (suggested by the hotel) went down a storm with the guests.

Also, the rooms were lovely. Decorated modernly with a lavish stone/marble bathroom; the room was also clean and had plenty of storage space.

All in all, I could not fault our stay at the Mercure. The staff really couldn't do enough for us and we all had a brilliant time.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

I am glad that we could help out with organising your corporate night out. I know how stressful it can be to be given the responsibilty sometimes with out much thanks!! I hope we can be of service again in the near future.

Reviewed May 22, 2011

I had my reservations on this hotel because of previous comments left. However the hotel was recently taken over and has been up dated. The room was a good size with two single beds joined to make a huge big bed, have to say the pillows were lovely and soft and fluffy! Bathroom looks quite modern, I was looking forward to having a bath as I only have a shower at home but the bath was a bit shellow so I didnt bother. Plenty of hot water, but the shower tends to leek over the bath causing the floor to be a bit slippy but nothing mayjor!
Stayed on friday/saturday night and didnt hear anyone all weekend (but we were not near the reception so maybe we were lucky but it didnt seem like a noisy hotel).
We also had breakfast both days. Buffet style although you can order fresh fried eggs and a few other different breakfast items, but we were not informed of this it was only by over hearing another couple complaining there was no fried eggs! The waiter was helpfull bringing coffee and toast out to us. I'd say its a standard breakfast nothing fancy. There was also a selection of cold breakfasts as well.

All in all a good place to stop. Its on the outskirts of the town and the road is loud but as I live near the m25 it didnt bother me! Its a bit stuffy in the room but the windows are big and let in lots of fresh air. Would recommend to anyone who needed a hotel in the area.
A lovely friendly lady at reception, staff all seemed friendly. Thank you for a lovely weekend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

We have had a lot of refurbishment work done in the last year and I am glad that you found our beds and pillows very comfortable which were a part of this as well as the bedrooms and full refurbishment of the bathrooms. I will make sure that a sign is put up on the breakfast buffet to make sure people are aware that a choice of eggs are available, thanks for bringing the lack of this to my attention. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2011

My wife & I have now stayed here four times on their all inclusive weekend breaks. This trip unfortunately they ran out of beer! Food is very good and the hotel has recently been re-furbed very nicely. Ideal if you want to visit London and they even made us a packed lunch! Train station only a few minutes away and fares after 9.30am real value to take in all that London has to offer. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
AnnaBrennan, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give constructive comments, I am sorry about the beer situation which was due to a faulty cooler in the cellar which has since been replaced. I hope you enjoy staying with us again in the future

Reviewed May 7, 2011

I booked here as we were going to O2 and didn't want 2 hr drive home. When I read previous reviews was very wary.
Very pleasantly surprised. Great size room, spotless everywhere (and I am a bit of a fanatic about that).
Very comfortable bed, no early morning backache. Constant hot water. Breakfast excellent both in terms of food and value.
Friendly staff.
Could find no faults and great value for money.
Would definitely use again

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want and they will attempt t
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give positive feedback on the hotel which is so often overlooked on in these current times. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 12, 2011

I always stay here as I have to be in hatfield for 2 nights a week. It is very close to the College Lane Campus. The staff are always very helpful. It has very good internet access which I need very much for work. I wish they have offers for frequent stayers though.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
1  Thank lakbayWales

Thank you for your positive comments on the Hotel for our best offers please visit our website and sign up to our free newsletter to recieve promotional offers and discounts.

Reviewed January 18, 2011

Booked 'real dea', excellent value for money. Had a mini suite which we didnt expect, very roomy, excellent accommodation, also spotlessly clean. Service was excellent, although there didnt seem to be many staff around, the ones that there were so friendly and couldnt do enough for us, the food was amazing, good choice, best chicken supreme ive ever had. Anna who I think was the manager served us in the restaurant, she was really friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble, she was also around at breakfast and came over to talk to us again, they all made us feel very welcome.
This break was excellent value for money one of the best weekend breaks weve had. Was unsure of location being so close to main road, but it was very quite you didnt know the road was there!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

We are reviewing historical reviews and would like to thank you for your positive review

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
Beales Hatfield Hotel
Beales Hatfield Hotel
#1 of 6 in Hatfield
Travelodge Hatfield Central
Holiday Inn Express St. Albans - M25, Jct. 22
Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Best Western Welwyn Garden City ...
#3 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Ramada Hatfield
Ramada Hatfield
#5 of 6 in Hatfield
Sopwell House
Sopwell House
#3 of 10 in St. Albans

Been to Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel? Share your experiences!