“Got right up my nose”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Got right up my nose”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

If you want to stay or eat at the Ramada Hatfield beware of shock that will await you when you get home. On the last two occasions I have used the hotel I had a parking fine of £100 for using the car park. True their rude manager had the fine revoked, but it was her attitude that left a poor taste in the mouth. I ate lunch with my guest, It was very average. Service was ok but not much better.
Hatfield Ramada has put me off the group
This hotel does not deserve your custom, we will go some where else next time I have a Tesco meeting.

Room Tip: Stay where you are made welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank james l
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
I am sorry you obtained a parking ticket. All guests who are staying overnight, attending a conference, event, wedding or dining in the bar & restaurant receive FREE car parking however all eligible guests must register their details at our Reception desk to avoid receiving a parking ticket. Due to the grade II listed status of building we are only allowed to display a limited number of signs in the carpark regarding car parking. We do have signs in the bedrooms, on the bar tables and at reception. We also try to catch all guests as they come into the hotel to inform them about car parking but obviously we failed to catch you. Apologises for this. Unfortunately it is necessary to have a car parking control system at this hotel due to the level of abuse from members of the public not using the hotel. I am pleased that your parking ticket was cancelled by a member of my management team but am disappointed to hear your feedback on her dealings with you. I will address this with all my managers as it is not clear who you spoke to.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
North West
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Hotel was in a great location for our visit. However the Traffic noise made for a Rome. Nights sleep.

Add to this the interconnecting doors to rooms next door made for even more broken sleep.

Service wise there were clear language barriers. Trying to order a cream tea (From the hotel menus ) was a very difficult task.

Finally faulty room lighting was not fixed after reporting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your 3 star review. Your feedback regarding the ordering of a cream tea is most helpful and I will definately follow up on this with my Food & Beverage Mgr.

I apologise that the traffic noise disturbed your sleep. The hotel is located on main roads which ensures it is convenient and easy to find however it also means traffic noise may be heard. For the benefit of Tripadvisor readers, over half of the hotels bedrooms do not overlook these roads so please do request one of these rooms if you are a light sleeper.

It was also unfortunate that you were allocated a bedroom with an interconnecting door, we do only have four such bedrooms. These rooms have been designed to accommodate families but can also be used as seperate rooms. I will brief my Reception Team to take care not to allocate these rooms to guests without families.

In addition I will review the reporting processes for faults and take action to improve these.

If you are ever in the Hatfield area again please contact me directly on gm@ramadahatfieldhotel.co.uk and I will ensure you receive an upgrade.
mansfiel
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My Daughter and I went to London overnight and stayed at the Ramada. The whole experience was above our expectations.The staff were polite, friendly, helpful and couldn't do enough for us. The food was tasty and an extensive variety.

Room Tip: we asked and we got.!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank leidashan
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your 5 star review. We are delighted you had such a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back. We were particulary pleased you enjoyed our food; a new menu was introduced in mid January and the feedback has been good.
Hatfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2013

was a very delightful stay the night of our wedding day, arrived after 11pm and the staff was kind enough to open the bar for a soft drink and make my wife and I and lovely ham sandwich.
the room was excellent

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your 5 star review! I am really pleased my team helped make your special day so great and will pass on your thanks. We wish you well and look forward to welcoming you back on your anniversary.
nottingham
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here on saturday 12th january 2013.This was a weekend theatre break with Skills coach company of nottingham,the evening meal was very good and the service was excellent.The breakfast on the sunday morning was just as good ,and all the staff we had dealings with were polite and very helpful. I spoke to the member of staff in charge on sunday and told her we had a great stay.I think it is only correct for people to give praise when praise is due, people are quick enough to complain.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for your 4 star review. It is always good to hear such great feedback regarding our food service and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2013

was not entirely happy with my stay.this was a family room with what looked like being for disabled which was not an issue ,the cleanliness was appalling , especially in the bathroom.
The whole shower screen had water marks from the previous guest , the seal was filthy,the tiles need cleaning of body fat, i am sure the 2 jets on the walls need looking at as i am sure they should not be spouting water like a fountain at the top due to water rusting them,the door closer was hanging off the bathroom door and had come away from the wall,the door hinges filthy, i really dd not feel comfortable showering due to what i could see
a layer of dust on the shelf with hairdryer and behind the television.
waiting at the bar to be served and the lady just walked from behind the bar with no acknowledement whatsoever and dissapeared for a few minutes with not even a " hello i wont be a moment."
back to the cleanliness no matter what star hotel there is no excuse for dirt dust and being poorly kept
If i did not have to rush off to work then i would have asked to speak with the Duty Manager as there was no comments card in the room

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your candid review. I am sorry you were not entirely happy with your stay and apologise for the poor standards and service you describe. I have forwarded your comments onto my Management Team to review and take action.

The hotel does have adapted bedrooms for disabled guests however the bedroom style you describe with shower jets and bathroom door closers are not such bedrooms. The Japanese Shower Jets are a great addition to the shower experience in many of our bedrooms however I apologise that you were not able to take advantage of these.

Travelers are raving about these Hatfield hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Good things - room size and layout excellent. Bed huge and comfy. Room warm enough and big windows. Lovely bathroom. Staff very helpful and professional (faulty hairdryer replaced in 5 minutes) despite hotel having two coach groups stay over one weekend. Food nice and a good selection. Decent sized bar.

Bad points - faulty hairdryer! On a main road. Our room looked out over a very depressing quadrangle in the middle of the hotel. Hard to find way round hotel - bit of a maze. Not enough room in restaurant due to number of guests (had to eat in the bar one evening). And unfortunately, although the bathroom was lovely, it did need a good deep clean - I did actually see a bit of mould in the shower and the sink overflow was dirty. However, everywhere else in the hotel seemed clean and tidy so maybe we were just unlucky and got the one "undercleaned" room.

Wouldn't stay again, mainly due to location, however the staff do what they can to make your stay comfortable and overall they are a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your 3 star review. I am glad you found the hotel team helpful & professional and the size of our rooms & bar good; the hotel does have larger than average sized bedrooms. I agree that the outlook of some bedrooms could be improved and I have already tasked my gardener with creating some flower beds in the area you describe ready for the spring.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatfield
Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel
Beales Hatfield Hotel
Beales Hatfield Hotel
#1 of 6 in Hatfield
Travelodge Hatfield Central
Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Best Western Welwyn Garden City ...
#3 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Holiday Inn Express St. Albans - M25, Jct. 22
Ardmore House
Ardmore House
#7 of 10 in St. Albans

Been to Ramada Hatfield? Share your experiences!