“Unpretentious friendly hotel”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hatfield
Dorset, United Kingdom
“Unpretentious friendly hotel”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night as part of a very large tour group visiting Bletchley Park. The new wing, where we stayed, was modern, clean and the rooms quite large and ours was quiet (1442). Excellent in room facilities- including kettle, ironing board, biscuits. The shower was one of the largest and best we have come across. The twin beds and their pillows were very comfortable. Breakfast was the traditional full English- buffet style- but it all worked- even for a large group- and the staff were very friendly. The dinner was also buffet style and quite acceptable- but not memorable.
Overall a good experience that we were not anticipating!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your four star review. I am pleased you had a good experience at the hotel and am delighted you found my staff so friendly. As you experienced our bedrooms are larger than average but I had not realised that our showers were also larger than average; I am sure other Tripadvisor readers will find this very useful to know. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Scottish Borders
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had to go to London with out delay,shocked at the prices the airlines and hotel packages were charging; I booked the Remada Hatfield and jumped in the car. I arrived two hours before the official check in time but that was not a problem,my room was ready, I also asked if I could cancel the extra night I had booked even though it was a lot less than the twenty four hours notice I should have given them, again no problem.Very friendly staff, free parking, although driving in London is a nightmare, if you can afford it hire a car rather than use your own!
Nice clean room , very comfortable, it even had an iron. Breakfast was nice everything there and attentive staff stocking up the buffet and clearing plates etc. OK it's outside of London,but it is well worth it. and..... half the price of Central London Hotels and........ a proper breakfast.Well worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your four star review. I am pleased you had such a great experience at the hotel and delighted you found my staff friendly and attentive. I agree London prices are far too high and you can save big by staying at Ramada Hatfield Hotel - the hotel is only 20 miles from London and a quick journey by train from the nearby Hatfield Train Station into Kings Cross.
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

my company is a regular hirerer of conference rooms in various Cities in the United Kingdom. Hatfield being a convenient location to conduct seminars or training programmes, I found Ramada Hatfield good value for money with competetive rates for room hire. We have used other venues in the area but find the Ramada good value with excellent Conference service. Staff were very helpful and polite and very accomodating. No complaints.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you for your four star review. I was only saying in my response to the last review that it was great to receive a review about our meeting facilities and then we receive a second review praising our great meeting facilities. I am delighted you found our team helpful and polite. I agree our room hire rates are very competitive and offer good value for money.
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We used the room for interviewing for a position at our organisation. The facilities were great , the staff were very helpful and made our stay enjoyable. Parking was available all day at no charge. The restaurant had a good selection of food at a reasonable price. Overall we had an excellent service from warm and friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for our five star review. It is great to receive a review about our meeting facilities as most reviews are about our bedrooms. I am delighted my team delivered warm, friendly and helpful service. I agree the meeting facilities are great; the Ramada Hatfield Hotel has extensive meeting facilities from an interview for two to theatre style for 120!
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I visited here for a lovely wedding reception for my niece, wonderful day, staff ok except one of them knocked my nephew out with a plate, not looking where he was going.
And the price of the parking ticket I just received for not paying on the day.
Notices to indicate same would have been most helpful. Now find that there are notices in one car park but not the St. Albans rd west side, users beware.
The parking eye company who run these car parks will be raking in a lot of cash because i was not alone in doing so.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Gareth W
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
To Gareth
I pleased you had a wonderful day at your niece's wedding reception at our hotel. I am however sorry you obtained a parking ticket. All guests who are staying overnight or attending a conference, event or wedding receive FREE car parking. Due to the grade II listed status of The Comet Hotel building we are only allowed to display a limited number of signs regarding car parking. We do try to catch all guests as they come into the hotel to inform them about car parking but obviously we failed to catch you. Apologises for this. Unfortunately it is necessary to have a car parking control system at this hotel due to the level of abuse from members of the public not using the hotel. Please do contact me on gm@ramadahatfieldhotel.co.uk and I will ensure your fine is cancelled.
I am also sorry your nephew was involved in the incident you describe. The hotel team member you refer to was very upset about this incident and offered his apologises then and does so again.

Travelers are raving about these Hatfield hotels

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Me and my wife stayed at the Ramada for 3 nights and found the room very clean and a king size comfy bed second to none. The staff couldn't be beaten polite helpful with nothing too much trouble for them. One lady in particular is a credit to the hotel ( SUZANNA ) your a star if you were a footballer you'd be priceless,so thank you for the help and welcome you gave us. I'll leave to say the breakfast was excellent with one small minus point been give people time to rest before taking their plates away it is annoying. Paul .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Howard D, General Manager at Ramada Hatfield, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your 4 star review. I am delighted you found your bedroom clean, your bed comfy & your breakfast excellent. I am particularly pleased you found our staff polite & helpful. I also agree that Zuzanna is a star; we are lucky to have her. I will pass on your praise to Zuzanna and reward her for her great work.
South Wales
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Outs and ins of Hatfield Ramada

In a two day coach tour of Blenheim Palace and Bletchley Park, we stayed overnight in the Ramada Hatfield. The outside looks nothing like a Ramada Jarvis Hotel. It was red bricked and two storeys with cross lattice bay windows. Indeed the building looked like one of those 50s/60s type factories that turned out Washing Machines and the like. However the inside was what one would expect for a Ramada. The staff were helpful and courteous at all times. Also they received our coach load and distributed room keys very efficiently. A as far as I could see, there weren’t any lifts. However, as mentioned above, there were only two floors. I presume that disabled guests are given ground floor rooms, but if not, this might be an issue. Our room was excellent and again, typically, Ramada with lots of space, a large desk next to a mirrored dressing table and an excellent on-suite. A buffet dinner was part of the deal and enough food was available to construct a three to four course meal of good quality. It was not exactly a la carte but there again the hotel has a 3 star rating and in my view the quality of food was consistent with this. I had a good night’s sleep and the breakfast buffet was ample etc. I would recommend it for an over-night stay en-route to somewhere else. However, I did notice an outrageous fee of 24 pounds for overnight parking but this was reimbursable .

Room Tip: For disabled travelers insist on a ground floor room and remember to reclaim the expensive overnigh...