“Worth a visit”

The Candlestick Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Candlestick Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 80 Restaurants in Hatfield
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Good food, good service, good location - what more could you ask for?
Yet another pleasant evening eating, drinking and catching up with friends. The Candlestick has a warm friendly atmosphere, although so far I've only been there with friends I would be happy to visit with family for Sunday lunch or an evening meal.

1  Thank A C
There are newer reviews for The Candlestick Pub

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Finished our meal about an hour ago and since I found this pub on trip advisor I thought it's only right I add a review!

Firstly the location is wonderful, hidden down the smallest country roads with beautiful views all round.

Food was well presented, fairly priced and most importantly very good. Staff and service was great, all very friendly and helpful.

We will be back, highly recommended!

3  Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed June 14, 2013

There are plenty of places to eat well in the area, but few perform to the standard of the candlestick. The very top end of Pub/Restaurant, with a superb selection at reasonable cost.
Good value all round and always a couple of good beers to tickle the palate too!

1  Thank Roger S S
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Went for Sunday lunch on way to a concert at Hatfield house after seeing top reviews on Tripadvisor. The beer was good as was the cheerful and efficient service but the food was just ordinary pub fair. There was no finesse, veg not served separately and not even asked if you wanted gravy- it came already poured. The best thing is the setting with nice views and plenty of outside space with tables.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I drove out here from London with my girlfriend for Sunday lunch in June 2013. We found a very pleasant pub set in attractive countryside. However, I'm not sure why it is raved about on Trip Advisor - the food is the standard stuff you'd find in most pubs these days. My mixed roast was tasty but not particularly satisfying. We weren't drinking alcohol as I was driving and we found the prices of soft drinks a bit steep too (£1.75 for a lime & soda!).

Note: If your car doesn't have much ground clearance, the access to the pub is a bit of a nightmare, as the roads aren't great and you will ground out the nose and undertray.