“Comfortable Pub with Good Food”

The Candlestick Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Candlestick Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 81 Restaurants in Hatfield
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Booked a table in the restaurant for a birthday lunch, never been before. The pub has a tired decor, but it was extremely comfortable. The menu had a varied choice but no over complicated, there was something for everyone with a few specials options. The menu was good value for the quality of the food served.

Would recommend this pub, if you looking for a adult meal out (not a place for kids).

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Found this Pub whilst out for a drive with an elderly parent. Lunch was ideal and gorgeous. The staff were most welcoming. There is a large garden which I can see will be great in the summer. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went to The Candlestick this weekend for Sunday lunch and it was delicious.

Staff were fantastic and the food was gorgeous. I had the roast beef, which was cooked to perfection and my husband had the mixed roast, which consisted of beef, pork and corn-fed chicken. I did not bother with a starter as I felt I had to try this famous 'deep-fried nutella sandwich' and OMG I could not move afterwards!

It was so nice not slaving over the cooker for most of the day and wondering who was going to do the washing up.

Ladies (and gents), have a day off and take yourselves here. You will not regret it!

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Went there for a meal with the family. This was a great choice as I could not fault it. Atmosphere was nice staff efficient and friendly and the food was excellent. The menus choice suited all in our party of 8. I had fish pie which was home made with mix of seafood in cream sauce topped with fluffy cheese topped cream potato I cannot remember the last time I had such an delicious one. The veg were fresh and plentiful. The portions were healthy . This is a place to seek out as hidden treasure

2  Thank Deirdre B
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Candlestick pub is currently ranked number 1 restaurant in Hatfield on trip advisor. I have been eager to eat here for a while, so I booked a table. I had to use a sat nav to get to the pub as its quite outside Hatfield and actually lies in the village of Essendon.
I arrived at the pub with my girlfriend and we were both pleased to finally arrive. We waited at the bar and I told the waitress I had booked a table for 2, and it was a good job as there wasn’t an empty table in the pub. The menu is absolutely fantastic with a variety of choice, most of which happens to be my favourite foods. I opted for the mixed roast and I was given a huge portion. It was also very tasty which is just as important. I was very impressed with the overall value of 2 main courses and 2 desserts – its worth driving the extra few miles away from the restaurants in the Galleria.