“Good food at a busy lunchtime”
Review of The Fox

The Fox
Ranked #14 of 78 Restaurants in Harpenden
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Excellent food and good service, as it was a few years ago when I last visited.
One thing was odd - I tried to book by phone for about 1pm the following day and was told there was no table until 2pm, which was too late. I then noticed you could book via the website and managed to book online for 12.45, but perhaps this was just a blip?

The staff were friendly and efficient, which was particularly impressive as every table was full and the place was packed. We didn't have to wait long for the food, and it was absolutely delicious - soup with beautiful fresh bread, fish and pasta. Really pleasant atmosphere and a good place to visit with family, friends or colleagues.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

When Chef Stuart was here this place was a diamond. They moved him on to do wonders elsewhere, and then it went wrong! We too have been kept waiting, we were there for our Anniversary, we were served our starters after about half an hour, with a glass of wine which were purchased from the bar. We then waited over an hour for our main Course. It was mid week so it was not at a peak time, and the restaurant was not full. The food was just warm, could have cooked better at home. We were so disappointed. We did try again on another occasion,(could have been off night) it was just as bad. Shame, they seem to have lost the plot. Lyn & Pete.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

If you are looking for a great pub with excellent food, then try the Fox in Harpenden. You won't be dissapointed.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had Christmas Lunch today with 5 friends. We were served by a waiter who was obviously new to the Fox but was friendly and efficient. We had pre-ordered the £24.95, 3 course Christmas Meal. As a starter I had the pate - delicious, followed by Roast Turkey - delicious, with cheese and bisciuts for dessert. I am pleased to say I could not fault one aspect of the meal.

I have felt in the past that often the portion sizes in the Fox are a little small, however the same could not be said today.

Will I return - yes!.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Group of six for Sunday lunch. Had to wait for our reserved table as was incredibly busy and also very noisy. Food nice although wasn't amazing. The prices were quite expensive for some things, £10.95 for roast pork wasn't bad but if you wanted Roast Lamb it was £16.95!! The regular menu (as opposed to the Sunday menu) looks very expensive. Probably wouldn't visit again. Service was good and friendly. Clean toilets.