“Well cooked Italian food at a reasonable price”
Review of Pasta Cibo

Pasta Cibo
Ranked #8 of 85 Restaurants in Harpenden
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Pasta Cibo friendly, traditional Italian restaurant located close to the train station in Harpenden. Its not 'fine dining' but nonetheless offers good, tasty food at a reasonable price.

We received a warm welcome and eventhough the restaurant was quite busy, our starters arrived quickly. My tomato and mozarella salad was fresh and tasty, the calarmari not quite as good as we had hoped. My pasta main course was very good, as was the milanese chicken. We will definitely go back.

1  Thank Foxymerlin

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have been going to Pasta Cibo for years and the food just gets better!!! I LOVE the atmosphere it's so ' typically Italian' and takes me back to to some wonderful memories in Tuscany and Naples. The food is fantastic, the spaghetti marinara is amazing as are the deserts!! Home made Tiramisu is a must....I can't resist the beautiful house red wine either!! The owner/ manager couldnt do enough for us, our friends just loved it.Go you won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

A great little Italian restaurant with the best pasta I have ever eaten. The tables are a bit cramped but delivers a great atmosphere and the staff cannot do enough for you.

1  Thank Roger D
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is the best pasta place in Harpenden and most surrounding towns and villages. Kind and friendly staff. Best food you can eat and reasonably priced. Also do take always and all portion sizes are fantastic. Will cater to most tastes and kids will love the spaghetti bolognaise

1  Thank Harpersgirl99
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was very disappointed to experience Pasta Cibo as I had good memories of here but unfortunatly is was barely passable. The owner / manager talked up the dishes so much with it was going to be the best this and best that there was only ever going to be one outcome. The starters were ok but not pretty to be honest and the sort of thing you could pop together from a supermarket. Melon and ham , not poor quality but no presentation effort at all. We had a spam boll which was supposed to be something special ... Nah very tame and bland . Not really well seasoned and nothing signature about it. It felt basic and a bit like something I would make on a budget. My friend had a pizza which was seafood and it was not really very good. A few mussels and then frozen small prawns and squid rings on top. The dough was just not cooked through . I have seen this happen with other Italians and it makes me a bit sad as it seems tough to find somewhere that's really taking this cooking to a quality level. Even in Harpenden the town of middle class mediocrity this is below par. In London it would just look past it and naff. There are a lot of tired looking Italian places around that seem of maybe a past time, this is one. I think people are so much more food savvy and the chains can give this kind of establishment a real run for its money . These little independent places need have first class ingredients well presented and with a little character . This is not that . Also the bill was not broken down and seemed pretty high , I didn't bother too much as I just wanted to go. I cannot belive people think this place is so good. Obviously some people never venture very far or very often .

2  Thank filmlocationhound