“A romantic, relaxed Valentines evening”

Graffiti Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 80 Restaurants in Harpenden
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Me and my partner went to Graffiti for Valentines day and were very happy with the service. We weren't expecting much because we thought it would be like any other Valentines night. But the food was amazing, great choice of food on the menu and good value. We were very well looked after, the waitresses were very helpful and friendly. We will definitely be returning again for the yummy pasta :)

Reviewed February 25, 2012

With its light and spacious dining room, Graffiti is an absolute must for anyone who appreciates freshly cooked Italian food.
As a fussy eater, it was fantastic to eat three courses of excellent food. From the delicious pizza garlic bread and the stunning calabrese that was superbly balanced with its garlic and chilli, to the mouthwatering homemade tiramisu.
And it's not only the superb food that makes Graffiti such a must, the staff are so friendly and helpful it's like being in a happy family environment. Finally, for the artistic amongst us, they'll even let you draw on the tablecloth.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

We went to Graffiti last Saturday for a romantic meal....our substitute for Valentines night. We had been before but we had a wonderful evening in this warm and relaxed restaurant. Although it was busy and buzzing it wasn't too loud as some places are and we felt it was intimate enough for romance! The food was excellent, just like Italian food should be, fresh, simple ingredients and delicious. The waitresses are friendly and welcoming without being overbearing and apparently this is a real family run business...few and far between these days. We went for the full 3 courses, everything was very authentic including the yummy tiramisu(most desserts are homemade which is also unusual these days)and I can say without a doubt that we will be back soon. The best evening we've had in a long time!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

My wife and I opted for Graffiti on Valentines Day as it had been voted the third best restaurant in Harpenden. I pity the people of Harpenden!!

My wife'a starter was effectively a bag of frozen prawns defrosted and heated up and served on a bed of lettuce. My starter was a few frozen battered squid rings defrosted and heated up. Like the kind you get in the value section at your supermarket.

Our Mains were made from a base sauce of value tinned tomatoes mixed with chopped sausage (mine) and a LOT of cheese and olives (my wife's). I cooked a lot better when I was at uni.

The desert was the best bit as it had gone nowhere near the kitchen and was bought in from outside.

For £22.50 for a special Valentines menu it was the worst value I've ever come across.

Appalling.

1  Thank GMaximillion
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Having visited this restaurant many times over the years, either on our own or with our children, we have always received a very warm welcome and found the food to be excellent and reasonably priced. The congenial atmosphere and contemporary decor contribute to a pleasant evening every time. We will continue to frequent this restaurant and would highly recommend it to anyone wishing to eat out in Harpenden.