“Very poor - won't be back”

Okka Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 80 Restaurants in Harpenden
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An all day eatery with a Mediterranean influence serving breakfast, lunch and dinner (in that order).Because we are an all day eatery it means you can come with your kids (for bubble and squeak and a milkshake), you can come with your friends (for a carefully selected ‘Teapigs’ tea and slice of the drizzliest lemon drizzle cake ever), you can come with your other half (for our ‘21 day aged’ rib eye steaks and bottle of Rioja) or you can just come on your own, to enjoy a cup of our excellent coffee and linger over the papers. (Slippers not included).
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went here for lunch a couple of Saturdays ago. There was a bit of a wait for a seat (4 of us). Ordered the food, and specified that I wanted the tuna in a panini without lettuce, 2 other meals and a child's meal. The child's burger came out 6 minutes before the other food. Then the tuna meal came out in a baguette with lettuce. I said I wanted a panini and no lettuce and was told that it was a panini!! It was clearly a baguette!! Then asked for it to be put in a wrap with the lettuce. Again another 5 minute wait to have it arrive in the wrap with lettuce! I pointed this out and was told that it wasn't lettuce it was salad!! All in all awful service, very poor and average food. I definitely won't be back and will stick with Bar Azita inn future!

1  Thank JSBS3941

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Found myself wandering Harpenden and in need of sustenance and happened upon Okka. It was in the lead up to Christmas so the tinsel tinted music that greeted me when I walked nearly put me off. I persevered and I'm happy I did! The food they served was delightful and of a far higher standard than I had expected for a simple cafe. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends...oh and they changed the muzak too...God bless 'em!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Looks casual and understated from the outside but the food makes it worth a visit.

Reasonably priced food and wine with good service, specials on a blackboard. Portion size is good but not massive. It won't blow you away but if you're looking form a decent meal this could be it.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Thank goodness Harpenden has now got a place like this.
Buzzy but not too loud, good food at a reasonable price and lovely staff.
Well done to all.
D

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We go to Okka for an occasional weekend breakfast treat. All the breakfast items are great but I always have the "Okka"...scrambled eggs with chorizo and crushed potatoes. It is devine! Their coffee is fantastic and the service is always fast and friendly.