“Just fabulous”
Review of The Greenman

The Greenman
Ranked #2 of 2 Fownhope B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This gorgeous country pub ticks all the boxes. Great food beautifully cooked and presented, warm atmosphere, subtle, comfy decor and friendly and attentive staff. Terrific value for money - and the beer's good too. If it has a down side we haven't found it. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaddieH
There are newer reviews for The Greenman

Reviewed November 12, 2011

This is my new favourite restuarant. The chef clearly knows exactly what he is doing with a really good seasonal menu. There were four of us and we all chose something different. Everything was cooked to perfection. The front of house team were welcoming, friendly and could not have been more helpful. The Green Man was refurbished just over a year ago and is absolutely gorgeous inside. Most importantly of all, there are 3 really well kept local cask ales.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The Green Man is a characterful black and white Herefordshire pub in an attractive village near the River Wye. The menu was interesting with a number of fish specialities, from which two of us had swordfish, which we really enjoyed. The other main was duck which was good, but could have been crisper. Starters were also interesting including pigeon breast. The service was prompt and pleasant throught the evening.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 5474C
Reviewed August 22, 2011

On a recent family holiday we came across this delightful pub. Walking in the first time with my husband and two children (Aged 7 and 5) I was a bit daunted, as the interior and menu were very high class and I thought that they may not welcome my rather lively children....how wrong was I. The man that served us was very attentive to my children and suggested that they might have the fish and chips. These arrived, along with a pasta and steak dish and were polished off without a word. They were later brought a complementary "cocktail" which they both thought was very grown up. We returned a few nights later and the service was just as good. A special mention for the ladies toilet that was so nice that my daughter insisted on going to the toilet several times over our two visits. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank STHOM18
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Thank you Green man for restoring my faith in 'Pub grub' - we were served by very nice waitress and had a really delicious lunch - setting and decor of green man is excellent and obv run with love and care.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Travevller
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We phoned the restaurant to book for the same evening and we were told that it was already fully booked. We were disappointed. However; the lady who took the booking asked us to come in at 8.30 and she said she would do her best to get us a table. When we arrived we were looked after by the staff members instantly. A table was found as we ordered drinks at the bar. I have travelled a lot in the UK (70 hotels / reviews) and I have to say that I was impressed by the service. The food was excellent too. 5 stars for this place is well desserved! Well done to the chef and the owners!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lefrancais
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Came here as had read some good reviews and we weren't disappointed. Staff were attentive but not over powering. Food was very good. Only gripe would be that they had sold out of the starter my husband and I would have liked, and at the end of the meal, we were the last ones in the restaurant and I think the staff forgot we were still there (tgey were chatting about the weekend) and we had to go and ask for the bill and pay at the bar. Dont get me wrong though... We had a lovely evening and would go back :)

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Natasha S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fownhope
The Pilgrim Hotel
#11 of 12 in Hereford
Brooks Country House
Brooks Country House
#1 of 1 in Sellack

Been to The Greenman? Share your experiences!