“Heartily Recommended”

The Tram Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Eardisley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional country free house specialising in freshly prepared meals, using locally sourced produce. A great selection of real ales, ciders, perry, wines and soft drinks are available.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Recommendations of the Tram Inn lived up to expectation. Wide menu choice, good home cooked food, reasonable pricing and prompt, friendly service made for a really enjoyable evening. Our selection of 28 day hung sirloin steak, steak, ale & mushroom pie, fish & chips and beetroot, carrot & onion quiche all got the thumbs, up as did the local Stowfold Flat cider. They even directed us immediately to our table to save my mum, who has mobility issues, from having to step down into the bar and then back up into the restaurant. Great find & heartily recommended. Would advise booking to avoid disappointment.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Went for a meal here about 6 weeks ago as part of a four some, Good points, They took the reservation over the phone and the table was kept and we were seen quickly on entry. The mains took about 45 mins to arrive

Three of us ordered the Sirloin, which came in various sizes, but we ordered 6 , 8 , 10 ounce , I ordered rare and the other 2 ordered medium rare. When the mains, arrived, they got our steaks mixed up ( No little flags to tell them apart ) , I got the medium and they got my rare, also and, to be honest , All the steaks looked exactly the same, now I can understand if the 8 and 10 looked similar BUT the 6 and 10 looked exactly the same as well, of course you lose a little in cooking, BUT to I repeat they was no difference between the 6 and 10. My onion rings were pitiful and well might as well not had them, as they were so minuscule

However the Puddings were good !! But there are so many great places to eat in this area, I am afraid they will not get my repeat business

2  Thank yokum67
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had been recommended this by our B&B in Hay as the best restaurant in the area but warned that it is always busy so best to phone ahead for evening meals. We hadn't planned to call in at The Tram Inn but coming across it at about lunch time we gave it a try. It was almost empty as the temporary diversion on the road appeared to put people off so we easily got a table. We had only intended to have a small bite but ended up with mains and a pud. My partner had a really meaty delicious steak pie and I had roasted vegetables. The pastry on the pie was perfect. And the pear tart after equally delicious. Food tasted really wholesome and fresh. The service was friendly and efficient. They also took time to talk me through what on the menu fitted my food intollerances and preferences and adapted to suit me. Only regret is that we are unlikely to be able to return for some time.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is our favourite local pub by miles. The staff and owners are super friendly and are very accommodating, even when they are busy. It has a great atmosphere and the garden is lovely. The owners are very involved which is always nice to see and it's great to see a local pub really thriving like this one. We will normally just pop by for a pint or impromptu evening meal, never a disappointment, always a pleasure. they also change the menu regularly which is always nice if you tend to visit frequently.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

spur of moment decision to eat,landlord very helpful ,as fully booked but let us have a table as we were not staying too long.food was fantastic,beautifully presented and tasted so good.Service excellent,very friendly staff,nothing too much trouble .well done will be back .

1  Thank jules503874