“A beautiful spa but...”

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A beautiful spa but...”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The Sequoia Spa at The Grove is stunning in many ways. Although fairly small, there have always been just a handful of people when I've visited, making it feel like a great private hideaway.

Having said that, standards do appear to have dipped since my last visit. There was no 'welcome foot ritual' which was meant to be included in my spa package and, when I put on the (rather scratchy) dressing gown from my locker, there were unwrapped, possibly worn paper pants in the pocket. The girl who showed me around was lovely but there was no explanation of the strange colour experiences (being showers with colourful lighting). On checking out I had to ask reception about the departure smoothie which was part of my package. They asked the cafe to prepare this for me and I then waited 20 minutes for a tiny smoothie in a shot glass (which to be fair was very nice if only one sip).

Overall, this remains my favourite spa its just a shame that it has lost the finishing touches which made it so special. Perhaps they're not too concerned though as the above was included in my feedback form on the day but no-one sought to contact me about it.

1 Thank MrsJuliaE

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“This is a swimming pool - not a spa - anymore!”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I used to (as a treat) go to The Groves Spa. They had a wonderful relaxation area with steam rooms etc which was about the only place one could totally switch off and relax. Unfortunately in the interests of making more money, they have removed it and replaced it with more treatment rooms. So now the once lovely spa has only a swimming pool with a jacuzzi attached and a single steam room. They have this much at my local gym. Over and above this I tried to relax by the pool but other than the surroundings being freezing, the jacuzzi creating a loud racket and too many people in the steam room it was lovey (joking)! The massage was good but you can get that at most places....

Avoid like the plague and save your money. What a shame and shame on them!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

4 Thank Stephen P
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Evening Spa Break”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My sister and I recently enjoyed a spa evening at the Sequoia at The Grove. It was amazing!
The staff were incredibly friendly and professional and the hygiene was impeccable.
I had a full body massage and i can honestly say, this was the best massage i have ever had - I usually try to go on a spa break every few months.
After our massage we enjoyed a two course meal at the Spa which was lovely.

The only downside to the experience was that i was left to wait in the relaxation room for 20 minutes after my appointment time, with no explanation for the lateness of the treatment.

Otherwise i would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing break to book with the Sequoia Spa - i would love to return in the future.

Visited August 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“First Class Service”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Staff are well polite and very helpful.
No question of hygiene being 1st class.
Fantastic spa and gym facilities.
Classes brillant.

Hotel rating is separate 2-3*

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Antonia K
Guildford
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Relaxing avoid room with noisy AC”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wonderful relaxation room. Would have preferred more space in pool area. Difficulty getting space to lie out. Beware of treatment room with noisy AC!

Visited November 2012