Tripadvisor
Chandler's Cross
3,337 results
All reviews glass house golf course walled garden afternoon tea outdoor pool west wing special occasion sandwiches round of golf buffet lunch play golf birthday treat beautiful grounds deluxe room spa treatments staff were attentive buffet style
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a beautiful hotel in great surroundings. We only had a one night weekend stay, and it is expensive, but we were looking for somewhere lovely and child friendly, and close to the Harry Potter studio tour! This fit the bill perfectly. I was concerned having read some recent less than great reviews, but my mind was put at ease as soon as we arrived.

The hotel had already been in touch to find out the age of the children, and cookies and a selection of age appropriate games were waiting in the room. The deluxe room was the perfect size for two adults and two children, plenty of space. The bathroom was beautiful and they had even provided children’s toiletries and dressing gowns. I’ve never had that anywhere else! The view from our room was also beautiful.

The children’s pool is separate but I think it works well that way, it was only a few minutes walk away from the hotel at the other end of the car parking, and staff were also happy to take you there on a golf buggy if requested. The pool wasn’t huge, but had good opening hours and wasn’t ever really busy. We swam on the Saturday night and again on Sunday morning. We were also given a children’s activity schedule and spend some time on the Sunday making jewellery, drawing and T-shirt making! All included in the price of the hotel room. Free tea and coffee was also available for adults in the children’s area.

We couldn’t eat in the restaurant as it was full, but we did eat from a small menu in the resident only lounge area. Lovely food, everyone was happy and it was a nice calm atmosphere. We all really enjoyed breakfast the next morning, so much choice and one of the best breakfast buffets I have come across!

All in all it was great, not perfect (but probably will be once they finish their renovations)! The kids are desperate to go back in the summer, but stay for longer, as they had such a great time.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend took me to this hotel as a Christmas present and I loved it! We arrived one hour before check in and we got an upgrade, nice way to start our break!

The room was beautiful, very ample with a free standing bath in the bathroom. No complimentary water or cookies, which I was surprised to see as this is a 5 star hotel. There is however a turndown service, where they leave 2 complimentary bottles of water on your bedside tables.

I had a treatment in the spa which was great, but there was an issue with the booking name that meant the therapist picked me up 5 minutes late even though I got to the spa 15 minutes early. After my treatment I joined my boyfriend in the swimming pool, I loved the black tiles by the way! Some customers were very loud in the Spa and this is what I didn’t expect or want after having 2 hours of complete relaxation, at one point a family turned up with a beach ball and an inflatable bed... anyway not much the hotel can do about this.

We had a lovely meal at the glasshouse, the staff were great! A gentleman showed us the different food stations before he showed us to our table and our waiter couldn’t have been more attentive and professional.

Negatives, we were going to be charged for items in the mini bar that we didn’t consume, so check your bill!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TheGroveHotel, Front Office Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear LE21, Thank you for your comprehensive review, you have provided such a wonderful, balanced feedback that we will happily review with the relevant teams. I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future. Kind regards, Sally

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a great hotel located just off the M25. Beautiful setting in award winning golf course.

The spa is beautiful and very relaxing, however, the beds are few and far between which is annoying we waited 20 mins for two beds.

You have to be 12 to get in to the spa area which is a bit of ashame as the kids pool is terrible and a drive from the hotel.

The breakfast is absolutely fantastic, and there is something for everyone. The glasshouse I have commented on another review but it’s world class.

My only gripe was the pillows were most uncomfortable.

Trip type: Traveled with family
TheGroveHotel, Front Office Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 257chrisa. Thank you for sharing with us your views, it was wonderful to read that you enjoyed the Spa and the Breakfast. We are always here to assist guests to the Children's pool with an exciting buggy ride, often something enjoyed by our younger guests. I am sorry to read that the Child's pool disappointed you, if you could provide additional feedback by email GRelations@thegrove.co.uk, I would really apprciate your thoughts on how this area could be improved as this an area that usually delights our guest. I sincerely look forward to hearing from you very soon and hopefully welcoming you back in the very near future. Kind regards, Sally

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We love this place. It’s just always a bit special! Enjoyed a trip to the spa, dinner in the glasshouse, drinks and breakfast the next morning. So much thought goes in around the hotel, mini displays everywhere, inside and out. Can’t wait to see what work is being done in the stables, if anything like the glasshouse transformation it will be amazing!
Staff are always so wonderful, polite and talkative.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Chrissie1003, Thank you for your recommendation and reviews, we are thrilled that you find The Grove a special place. We really look forward to showing you The Stables, hopefully you will be able to pop in and see us soon. Thank you again, Sally

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Wow just wow! From moment we arrived to the moment we left had nothink but high standard or service from thro out are stay from reception greetings to housekeeping little touches to restarant thro to spa wanna thank u for looking after use and making are little get away so relaxing. Are room was to die for stunning with views of the grounds with big beautiful balcony, plenty storage and lots little touches like mini bar,shampoo/shower gel, slippers to morning paper to finding a cute cupcake saying happy birthday on it list goes on. Had massage apointment booked for afternoon with are stay this spa is probley the best iv used massage was amazing! Staff very friendly and professionl spa facilities was best of the best felt so relaxed . Dinner couldn't fault it every moment we where there we didnt wanna leave service was impeccable very smooth thank u chefs so making exqueset food u can taste there hard work and passion liked that is was buffa style so u could pick what u wanted and gave as much as u like thumbs up.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Brown45964, How absolutely wonderful it was to read your review, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so pleased you enjoyed all the elements of your stay and I took great pleasure in sharing your comments with The Grove Team. We really hope we have the opportunity to wow you again very soon. Kindest regards, Sally