I've been to the Grove a number of times over the years and have been really impressed. The last couple of times I've found the service very poor and the overall decor a little tired. The hotel is full of families with children running around all over the place, parts of the hotel were so busy with folks coming in for lunch or afternoon tea that residents were not allowed to sit down and have something to eat. The spa is fabulous but that's not enough to justify the prices and the rest of the poor service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grove, London's country estate, is more than a five-star hotel. Set in 300 acres and only 18 miles from central London, the former home of the Earls of Clarendon is also a luxury 18-hole golf resort, a fabulous spa and unique venue for meetings, weddings and celebrations. Also included in The Grove's extensive facilities are three restaurants including Colette’s, awarded three AA rosettes. A 4acre Walled Garden with urban beach, tennis courts and outdoor pool. A selection of bike and jogging trials to enjoy with complimentary bike hire; and Anouska’s Kids’ Club, graded outstanding by OFSTED makes The Grove a parent and child-friendly resort. Lovingly restored to stunning effect, the property fuses contemporary design and original period architecture with exceptionally caring and professional service. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Grove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grove Chandlers Cross
- Grove Hotel Chandlers Cross
- The Grove Hotel UK/Hertfordshire, England