The Grove Hotel
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
2,924 results
All reviewsgolf courseafternoon teaglass housewalled gardenoutdoor poolspecial occasionsandwichesround of golfbuffet lunchplay golfbirthday treatspa treatmentsdeluxe roombeautiful groundsrelaxation roomstaff were attentivebuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Glasshouse is a lovely buffet and there are some lovely dishes. The seafood corner is very good and the lamb carvery was delicious! The room had a lovely view and a roll-top bath. The rest of the decor the hotel is strange and kitsch. The good thing is you can walk to the spa through the hotel. It is lacking in a hydrotherapy pool and a joint relaxation area. However the individual relaxation area is very good and I would recommend to have a massage - bliss!

The service was a bit lacking as we needed to keep following up about things and had to start explanations from scratch every time.

Lastly, CHECK YOUR BILL AT CHECKOUT! They added something extra that we did not have.

Room Tip: Close to reception if you want to be close to dinner. Games room is close to spa, so might be noisy to get a room there.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
TheGroveHotel, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Karien E,
Thank you for posting your review of The Grove. I am pleased you enjoyed The Glasshouse and had a relaxing time in Sequoia, our spa. I will follow up on your comments and hope we will be able to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great location (proximity to London & country setting).

Great decor - even after the 8 years since my very first visit - it still looks great.

Great staff - professional, friendly.

Great food.

And GREAT SPA!!!

I wish I could live in one of the rooms in the old house forever and spend my days in the Spa!

Even the standard rooms in the new block are worth the corridor walking!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
TheGroveHotel, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear ZoeLdn,
Thank you for your kind review. We would love to welcome you every day, and hope we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I booked The Grove on New Years Eve for a black tie dinner dance. The venue itself is well presented and staff in the main hotel and restaurant were all polite and attentive even though it was absolutely packed and you could hardly move. The hotel is huge and its quite a long walk to get to some of the rooms. The room we had was huge but it felt like a big empty space with nothing in it apart from a bed and a massive TV. Very impersonal and lacking character. The NYE dinner was a let down as hardly anyone was dressed up (it stated black tie on the tickets) and was over run with children under 12 (apparently they went for free) running around in tracksuits. Not really what you expect when paying that amount of money. The menu showed 2 options for each course but when the time to eat came, one choice was brought around for everyone. We had 2 people on our table who were vegetarian and where told there wasn't another option. The food we had was very god though.

The band was very good and the fireworks were very good but overall I was very disappointed and personally I felt a bit ripped off as there were places offering the same for a lot less and they seem to have delivered what was offered. I would go back there to eat but definitely would stay there again and certainly wouldn't go back there for NYE.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrtn44

Dear mrtn44,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you were left disappointed by your new year's eve experience. If I may address a couple of points raised, children were welcome as part of our evening celebrations and were charged for entry (not free as stated). We also had a separate children's play area to help entertain our younger guests. We did encourage a formal dress code for the evening however some guests did not adhere to this. I am pleased you enjoyed the entertainment and fireworks and hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

It's the second time we have been here this time without the children. It's still by far the best hotel we have stay in in this country. They get everything right and its so relaxing we will go back again in the summer with kids. The only negative was the heat experience rooms in the men's changing rooms Especially the steam room. The ceiling dirty and the steam Units was broke away from the wall a not working properly. I would stay the hotel needs to update that part of the spar, also there are not Enough seating around the pool so no where to relax but the pool makes up for this. We love this hotel and we keep visiting
Dave sidcup

• Stayed: January 2013
TheGroveHotel, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear david e,
Thank you for your second review of The Grove and your continued loyalty. I will follow up with our maintenance team of your feedback and look to get this resolved swiftly. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

A really good one night stay for business. Excellent gym and spa and food great. I'd arrived after a long haul flight and had a blissfully restful sleep. Enjoy the deep bath in your room. Can't fault it

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear iain_anderson,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased you were able to relax after a long journey, and hope we'll see you again soon for a more leisurely visit.