This is the third time we have spent New Year at the Grove and I have rated as very good based on the beautiful grounds, excellent doormen, smart rooms and good breakfast at The Glasshouse. I do agree however with a previous reviewer that it is a bit of a zoo at that time of year (hopefully not at other times). We arrived to check in at 2pm and were told room not ready, strange when they had rung me to check what time we would be arriving! However we were offered a complimentary drink but there was no room anywhere to sit and we could not hear ourselves think. Eventually the manager found us a quiet area in the lounge which we had previously been told was unavailable. We had two rooms interconnecting and whilst overall very clean we were surprised to find a used cotton bud on the carpet!
Regarding the Gala dinner, we did find each year differs, one year the entertainment was excellent (russian dancers) the following year a dull couple singing, this year a great violinist laser show but only for a very short time. Having to wait until 10pm for your main course, 11.30 dessert is not great but the decoration of the room is beautiful and trees in the foyer areas are fab. Did miss the ice sculpture, place name settings and casino this year.
Overall a nice place you should try at least once.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grove, London's country estate, is more than a five-star hotel. Set in 300 acres and only 18 miles from central London, the former home of the Earls of Clarendon is also a luxury 18-hole golf resort, a fabulous spa and unique venue for meetings, weddings and celebrations. Also included in The Grove's extensive facilities are three restaurants including Colette’s, awarded three AA rosettes. A 4acre Walled Garden with urban beach, tennis courts and outdoor pool. A selection of bike and jogging trials to enjoy with complimentary bike hire; and Anouska’s Kids’ Club, graded outstanding by OFSTED makes The Grove a parent and child-friendly resort. Lovingly restored to stunning effect, the property fuses contemporary design and original period architecture with exceptionally caring and professional service. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Grove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grove Chandlers Cross
- Grove Hotel Chandlers Cross
- The Grove Hotel UK/Hertfordshire, England