I stayed at The Grove at the end of July whilst attending my friends wedding. Everything was absolutely perfect down to the last detail! The wedding was a huge event with some 200+ guests attending and it was clear the staff were working so hard to ensure that they day was perfect not only for the Bride & Groom but also for the guests. Service at the bar was with a smile and efficient, additional drinks requests whilst seated for dinner were dealt with promptly and food was replenished as soon as it was getting low. I don't know how the staff managed this as they weren't hovering over the tables - they timed it just perfectly to arrive when you needed them. The decor was fabulous and provided the perfect back drop for photographs - it all added to the atmosphere of the day. The food was probably cooked on mass to cater to the large amount of guests but it certainly did not taste that way and was hot on arrival. Due to the prompt service the only time that I had to queue for anything was to check out the following morning (if you can call a quick 2 minute wait a queue). Overall a fabulous occasion made all that much more special by the standard of staff. The only, and I repeat only, negative comment I would make is that we were shown through to the lounge for morning coffee by a lady at reception and nobody came to take our order for about 15 minutes. From my experience as a guest I'd definately recommend The Grove as a wedding venue!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grove, London's country estate, is more than a five-star hotel. Set in 300 acres and only 18 miles from central London, the former home of the Earls of Clarendon is also a luxury 18-hole golf resort, a fabulous spa and unique venue for meetings, weddings and celebrations. Also included in The Grove's extensive facilities are three restaurants including Colette’s, awarded three AA rosettes. A 4acre Walled Garden with urban beach, tennis courts and outdoor pool. A selection of bike and jogging trials to enjoy with complimentary bike hire; and Anouska’s Kids’ Club, graded outstanding by OFSTED makes The Grove a parent and child-friendly resort. Lovingly restored to stunning effect, the property fuses contemporary design and original period architecture with exceptionally caring and professional service. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Grove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grove Chandlers Cross
- Grove Hotel Chandlers Cross
- The Grove Hotel UK/Hertfordshire, England