The Grove is well-known for being one of the hotel stop off for the England football team and the hotel has some similarities to the premier footballer.
N.B. this review is going to contain sweeping generalisations.
Nice things - Like a footballer The Grove is decked out in 'the things money can buy'. Some perfectly blow-dried interior designer has filled it's grand spaces with glamorous chandeliers, plush giant sofas, huge vanity-loving mirrors, tall tasteful vases and witty topiary. The garden has much of the same, but outdoors.
Being cleaned up after - Footballers have other people to clean up after them and so does The Grove. An unseen, silent workforce make sure every sink is sparkling white, every stack of hand towels is amply piled and empty glasses and cups are whipped away.
Good food - There is an extensive array of supremely delicious foods at The Grove. The finest example of buffet dining which will remind some footballers of their humble beginnings and family lunches in the Toby Carvery (don't knock it). This spread heavily features 'good' protein including oriental stir fry, seafood, sushi and hot meats.
In short, The Grove is great at what it does....but it lacks something. A soul, some charm, character so while it's a really slick experience it's not the kind of place you hold close to your heart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grove, London's country estate, is more than a five-star hotel. Set in 300 acres and only 18 miles from central London, the former home of the Earls of Clarendon is also a luxury 18-hole golf resort, a fabulous spa and unique venue for meetings, weddings and celebrations. Also included in The Grove's extensive facilities are three restaurants including Colette’s, awarded three AA rosettes. A 4acre Walled Garden with urban beach, tennis courts and outdoor pool. A selection of bike and jogging trials to enjoy with complimentary bike hire; and Anouska’s Kids’ Club, graded outstanding by OFSTED makes The Grove a parent and child-friendly resort. Lovingly restored to stunning effect, the property fuses contemporary design and original period architecture with exceptionally caring and professional service. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grove Chandlers Cross
- Grove Hotel Chandlers Cross
- The Grove Hotel UK/Hertfordshire, England