“FLIES GALORE!”

The Glasshouse @ The Grove
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Glasshouse restaurant is tucked away inside The Grove at Chandler's Cross - a luxury country house hotel set in 300 acres of woodlands in Hertfordshire. This lively, informal restaurant is nicknamed the 'theatre of cooking' as its chef prepare British, Asian and Mediterranean dishes in spectacular style, then serve them buffet-style for everyone to enjoy. The Glasshouse is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the dining room is decorated with contemporary chandeliers, a backlit bar, floor to ceiling windows with views of the hotel's formal gardens, and designer chairs. Popular with fashionable hotel residents and locals for breakfast meetings, business lunches and relaxed evening meals, The Glasshouse is a fun and stylish dining destination.Please note this restaurant only takes bookings one month in advance.
London, United Kingdom
“FLIES GALORE!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have been to The Grove to dine at the Glasshouse restaurant buffet, which was always good. However, on the last 2 visits, I noticed a drop in standards; flies everywhere and wasps crawling all over the salads etc. I even spotted a wasp in the chutney jar! it left me traumatised and I shan't be returning in a hurry!!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank JSTEAD32

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have never written a review before, but I was so impressed with the service at the Glasshouse, I think it deserves a mention

We went to the Glasshouse Buffett Restaurant on Monday evening for my wife's Birthday

The buffet was excellent, with a large variety of food on offer. I was particularly impressed with the seafood selection of: salmon, scallops, and prawns

The food was of a very high quality and far superior to what you could expect from a Buffett.

The head chef "Kabby" was very hospitable, very friendly and eager to please us.

In conversation I mentioned to "Kabby" we was there for my wife's birthday.

After we finished our meals "Kabby" sent a cake over with candles and strawberries

& the staff sang my wife happy birthday. This was a lovely touch to end a lovely evening

The whole service made the evening feel special and I would definitely recommend and visit the restaurant again

• Visited August 2013
Luton, United Kingdom
“Great food, tired furnishings”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Absolutely loved the food. Buffet style but so much to choose from, so book an early sitting so that you have enough time to eat what you want! All hot meat hand carved in front of you and if you are like me and prefer your meat well done, then it is no problem to cook it a tad longer. Puddings were to die for! Tired decor and furnishings did take the gloss off what was otherwise a wonderful lunch experience.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Brucie2013
Tring
“Superb experience”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

A fantastic buffet style restaurant. Sample food from sushi to roasts, tapas to Indian. There is a relaxed atmosphere and the dress code is smart casual. The staff were really friendly and the chef came out to ask our opinion. We ate breakfast there the next morning, once again it was fantastic and allowed me to skip lunch as I was so full. DO NOT have a big lunch before you go to the buffet.

Visited July 2013
UK
“I dont do buffets!!!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

we were invited by friends to The Grove having never been there did not know what to expect. The drive to the hotel was so impressive , the golf course pristine and the canal barges added to the ambience.
Our friends informed us that we were booked in the buffet restaurant and it was good , you can eat as much as you want to UGH I don't do buffets, I am not keen on lumps of beef and soggy vegetables certainly I didn't want a huge plateful I need to work at staying 8 stone.
I had the biggest meal that I have had in years the food was amazing.
To start there is a wonderful selection of meze fish and meats, salad etc. etc. .I had a large portion and considered having a second selection BUT the roasts ( I don't do roasts) looked so good , so roast beef rare Yorkshire puddings all puffed up crunchy veg sooooo good I ate every scrap. Well I NEVER do desert but was just so impressed with the food so far I really needed to check them out. Our server who was very helpful recommended 2 the banana and caramel cheesecakes and the tropical truffles, so had these and the jelly square and a little fruit salad, they were so light and very delicious .I wasn't full or bloated
I didn't get to the cheese though which looked very good .although I took a couple of figs
Our friends raved about their meal two of them had the Asian stir fry which looked excellent.
After lunch we had a lovely walk through the beautiful gardens, I also loved the flowers in the hotel they were so unusual
This hotel is a haven I would love to stay there it really is a very special place .I am sure that whatever event you planned there would be executed to their exacting standards
I am a foodie and a good cook and rate food on whether it is better that I can do myself. This certainly was I would go so far as to say it is probably the best meal I have ever had, certainly the best buffet !!! I loved it we will be back

• Visited August 2013