“Good First Experience”

Holly Tree B&B Bromyard
Ranked #2 of 9 Bromyard B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was my first visit to the Holly Tree but it wont be my last. The accommodation was clean and well appointed. The breakfast, to my surprise had the vegetarian version of the "Full English " on the menu - a welcome change for myself. My hosts were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Nigel even volunteered to check my oil for me and was very helpful with my car trouble. Rates are reasonable and you are made to feel very welcome, I look forward to my next trip to Bromyard.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Grace C

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have stayed here once, but will be staying regularly from now on. As the other reviews have clearly stated, this is a little gem of a place. The rooms are all spacious, individually styled and virtually brand new. It is super clean and tidy and the owners are the most helpful and accomodating people. I would highly reccomend this hotel for a stop over in Herefordshire.

In fact, if you want an evening meal - you can twist Sharon's arm. She will then twist Nigels' and he will cook it !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nathan N
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stumbled upon this B&B on the way back from holiday in Wales and what a fantastic find it was! We only stayed for 1 night but wish we could have stayed for more.
On the edge of Bromyard this B&B is a converted pub and Sharon and Nigel have wonderfully transformed it into a very comfortable retreat keeping some great characteristics from the old pub. It is set in a quiet location and within walking distance of the amenities of Bromyard. The room was very comfortable with plenty of space. We could have chosen to relax in the room in the comfy chairs but instead had a couple of drinks in the private bar downstairs. The service given by Sharon and Nigel was outstanding with fresh milk and a drink on arrival and a superb breakfast.
With WiFi available, this B&B offers everything you need either if just passing through or staying for longer with plenty of tourist attractions within easy reach.
We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel L
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We spent 2 nights here recently. This place is absolutely immaculate (and I am fussy!) and extremely comfortable. Our room was spacious and the water in the shower room (immaculate again) always hot; drinks in rooms and fresh milk and biscuits provided. Sharon and Nigel were marvellous hosts; helpful and friendly without being intrusive. Breakfast was lovely. We will be back! Thank you Nigel and Sharon.

Room Tip: Cannot comment on the others, but our Room, 5, was great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Masha
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in March 2013. This is a small gem - each room is styled with individuality and flair, perfectly clean and extremely comfortable. We were given a warm welcome with attention to detail and extra care encompassing both breakfast and accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank GuggenheimSussex
Reviewed March 29, 2013

During a two week trip back to the UK in March 2013 this was the best place I stayed. Great breakfasts good private bar in the evening. Very warm welcome from Nigel and Sharon. Easy walk into Bromyard with good parking onsite. Good WiFI and a great location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ian C
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Another good find, we stayed for 3 nights, Sharon and NIgel have made a wonderful job creating this comfortable B&B from an old pub. We stayed in the downstairs room as I have difficulty with stairs. On arrival Sharon produced a welcome tray of tea, although there were supplies in the room, As we didn't feel like venturing out for an evening meal they went out for a take away for us and served it in their dining room which also has a licensed bar so well catered for. The breakfasts were really good with a menu to choose from the eveing before and a time that we wished to eat. Nigel helped me to get wifi on my Kindle which was a great help.
We have a number of elderly friends in the area to visit during the 3 days but so lovely to retire to the Holly Tree for the night.
Will recommend and visit again when we are in that area.
Sharon and Nigel deserve every success in their new venture which has required all of their combined building and upholstering skills. Good luck to them

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple