“Steaks that melt in your mouth”
Review of The Royal oak

The Royal oak
Ranked #13 of 23 Restaurants in Bromyard
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Royal oak in Bromyard is set in beautiful gardens, the food is reasonably priced, well presented and very nice. Well worth a visit.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stumbled across the Royal Oak by accident looking for a place to eat on our way across country from West Wales and it is now a regular stop off and high on our list of places to eat. When you walk in, the first thing you see is a display of very tempting puddings. On their own, those sweets are delicious enough to warrant a return visit but their steaks are truly outstanding. Supplied by a local butcher, they are absolutely mouthwatering. We'll be back again

There are newer reviews for The Royal oak

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We have been to the Royal Oak twice this week, with a group of 12 and then 17! Service and food was excellent and second time round we got to enjoy the selection of ales on offer which was much better. Great view down over Bromyard and a short taxi back to Little Frome Farm accommodation which we would also recommend.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We often go for meals here and we always get good service, and lovely food at sensible prices. It has a great atmosphere, roaring log fires on cold days, bright and sunny in summer. The staff are very considerate -for example they'll always let my elderly father in law order sausage and chips even when it's not on the menu!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have been visiting Bromyard Downs for many years and always planed to visit The Royal Oak and now we wish we had been there sooner. After a lovely walk on the Downs we decided to go in for lunch, we were immediately made to feel welcome by the friendly staff, we both ordered the home made steak and kidney pie and although we would have preferred a slightly thicker pastry topping it is a minor detail in our overall enjoyment of the meal. The staff were attentive without being over the top and the building and grounds only add to the overall experience.
We will be visiting again soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I cannot ever say I have had anything but a lovely meal here. Been a fair few times over last 3 years.
GREAT PUB GRUB. With friendly and quick service and in my opinion perfectly priced!
I was here on the 15th March for a meal with the family for my 21st and they even added a candle to my dessert! :)
I have recommended a few people and will continue to and return myself!