“Lovely food every time!”
Review of The Royal oak

The Royal oak
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Bromyard
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Royal oak in Bromyard is set in beautiful gardens, the food is reasonably priced, well presented and very nice. Well worth a visit.
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I cannot ever say I have had anything but a lovely meal here. Been a fair few times over last 3 years.
GREAT PUB GRUB. With friendly and quick service and in my opinion perfectly priced!
I was here on the 15th March for a meal with the family for my 21st and they even added a candle to my dessert! :)
I have recommended a few people and will continue to and return myself!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The Royal Oak is set in beautiful grounds with extensive views across Herefordshire to the West. The outside drinking and eating area is smart, clean and well equipped. the garden is very well tended and there are swings and other play items for the little ones.

The food is good everyday fare. I enjoy the home made curries and chillis and the pies are well regarded. The menu is broad but a bit predictable and isn't "gourmet" standard. But it is right at the top of the tree for regular pub fare.

The service is friendly, attentive and efficient.

Special praise for the excellent range of three real ales, all local and always in perfect condition whenever I go there - which is at least once a month.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We have been visiting the Royal Oak for years and never come away disappointed. Whether it's sitting next to the open fire in winter or enjoying the beer garden after walking the dogs around the downs on a summer evening, it ticks all the countryside pub boxes.
No matter how busy or quiet, there is always a warm welcome and a relaxed atmosphere. The food is fantastic and comes in man size portions, with a constantly changing range of specials, all at very reasonable prices.
Can't fault it.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Have been here many times now. The food is of a very high standard and consistently excellent. I usually have a steak and everytime has been cooked to perfection and high quality ingredients. I would recommend this pub to anyone. Absolutely excellent food and service. Thanks.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This pub is in a prime location overlooking the town of Bromyard. Handy for walkers or those wanting a country pub, though be aware that this is more of a restaurant than a pub. Our party had steak and chips and fish and chips, plus desserts. Both meat and fish OK, though nothing extraordinary, but the chips were truly terrible. Flaccid and warm rather than hot. Really not good enough at all. Service was prompt and pleasant: no issues on that score. Desserts were tasty, but considerably smaller than we expected for the price asked. Indeed. all prices are noticeably higher than other pubs in the area for both food and beer. The place was certainly busy enough, but it's not on my shortlist of pubs for a revisit.

1  Thank Rovingpublover