“Great lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Great lunch”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Called into The Falcon in Bromyard today with a group of walkers. Pre booked our food before the walk. We were shown into the lovely restaurant, spotless tablecloths, silver, clean cutlery, glasses etc. Quite a difference in the selection of food, some hot - while myself and husband had the BEST sandwich ever. Made on their own bread, which was exquisite, I had prawn, while he had hot very tender beef with horseradish. They were enormous sandwiches, I could barely eat all mine. The other had various i.e. from risotto to curry to beef and suit pud, all clean plates and no complaints. The owner/lady is not to be trifled with, looks terrifying, but don't be scared, give it a go!!!

• Visited October 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Restaurant”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Lovely service, excellent food, great 1920/30s music in the background and spotless tablecloths, cutlery etc...it was like going into the oats,,,in a good way !

Visited September 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Reduced me to tears”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I didn't stay here (thank goodness) but attended an event in the bar in the afternoon. A few of us decided to stay for food as it looked tastey and good value. I asked a simple question when ordering a was told by the landlord in a whiney, shouty voice 'I don't know!' I was rather taken aback, and asked if he was the landlord. He carried on in his quite aggressive way saying things like 'he's just an old man and can't be expected to know about the menu' and how I should read it properly myself. When I asked why he was being so aggressive with me he said he 'was just trying to shut me up and stop me asking questions'.I was so upset by the incident that I went outside and cried! I also witnessed the landlady telling off a young member of staff infront of customers.

6 Thank f-gasted
Worcester, United Kingdom
“A joke”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

10/10 for hilarity value. Ordered belly pork, after an inordinately long wait it arrived with no crackling, this after being treated to a row between the owner and the porter, when doors were banged, loud shouts and thumping feet. when I sent the meal back, I was offered another meal, however I overheard a neighbour asking for something to be told that Silvia didn't know how long it would take. I decided not to take the chance. Attitude of Silvia and John, was that the customers were a nuisance. Friend had a beautiful beef sandwich, but Fawlty Towers was the name that came to mind for us. !

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank 908trish908
Hobart, Australia
“Generous servings”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Went in for a light lunch which is what we ordered but the servings for six pounds each were so generous we will not cook this evening. A good choice of non standard fare. I had Moroccan duck with couscous. The service was also good. When a group of six arrived and there was no tables in the bar they showed them into the restaurant.

• Visited August 2012