“Good museum but over-priced!”

The Time Machine Museum of Science Fiction
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Bromyard
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Time Machine Museum of Science Fiction is a good place to visit but it is a bit of a rip-off! It's £8 for adults, which doesn't sound like a lot of money but me and my brother were only in there for 15 minutes because the exhibition was very small. There were fascinating and interesting exhibits, but they were all crammed into a tiny basement! I would only go again if they lowered the price but apart from the admission fees, it was a generally good museum!

1  Thank coolguy2456

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My family and I have visited this place several times already and we love it! They now have a Jon Pertwee used Tardis in the Exhibition as well as other new props and costumes from Dr Who.
We found out about this fantastic Museum on Sunshine Radio...they love it too ..and I agree with their comments on kingfishertom's Youtube video....this place just has to be the best unofficial Dr Who Exhibition in the World!

1  Thank Brian D
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This would be a great museum if it was about a third of the price. I took my 3 kids in and it cost over £20 - we had a good look at everything, but it's basically set in a shop basement, so not very big, and we were out again in about 20 minutes!

Do yourself a favour - save the entry fee and buy a boxed set of Dr Who DVDs instead.

3  Thank nick j
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Disappointing, it has some nice stuff to see but is only for die hard fans. It's very small and is very cramped and it left us saying where in the rest of it (and the visitors before us!) it would be nice to be able to get photos with stuff like daleks but everything is behind bars or glass. The £8 charge is ridiculous for what takes about 30 mins, but i am guessing that is reflective on it being in the middle of nowhere with no passing visitors. If this was in central Hereford or Worcester with more space charging £3 a time then I am certain it would get lots of visitors and visitors happy at the price.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

If your interest is Dr. Who, then this is the place for you. It is a bit on the pricey side for what it is, which is a basement with a Dalek, a Cyberman and similar items, but is worth a visit if you happen to be in the area.

It's a private museum, so there's naturally a fee.

There appears to be an ongoing battle between the proprietor and Flowerdew's next door, with both proprietors complaining about the other including some kind of legal action, apparently. We visited both and the atmosphere was not a good one. The comments were made without any prior knowledge or prompting from us, except general conversation about Bromyard being a nice place to live.

Don't drink the coffee, it's rather bitter - I don't know what they do with it!

There are no lifts and the only access is via a rather steep set of stairs.

1  Thank David_Abrahams