“great night”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Granary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We had visited the granary last summer for a girly night out with fine food great service and a friendly welcome.We had such a good time that we all decided we would give it another visit this February. Once again we were not disappointed they even catered for some of us who had special requirements, still trying to give us as many choices as everybodyelse.We were very impressed on both visits, they could not have done anymore for us. That's why we will be going again soon.
Thankyou to all at the Granary.
Keep up the good work

Reviewed November 25, 2010

I have been to the Granary many times for both Sunday Lunch and evening meals on Friday and Saturday. I have also been to 18th birthday parties and 60th parties as a guest. Never had a bad meal.

The Sunday Lunch is my favourite. Best served lunch in the county. Lovely home cooked food with fresh vegetables, home made sweets and starters. Polite and friendly staff - always a good warm welcome with many weekly regulars.

A real gem in the countryside to find a restaurant which is not a Toby Carvery type of place, where the customer counts and where the ping of a microwave cannot be heard. Find some of the reviews below hard to believe, they cannot be talking about the same place. Plates on the wall are perfectly charming in the countryside, I can only imagine they live in a town!

Long may restaurants like this continue.

Reviewed October 24, 2010

I went to The Grannery today and was immediately struck by its scenic surroundings and beutiful old building.
Every single one of the staff was friendly and welcoming.
The food was all deliciouse and excellent value for money.

We all absolutely loved it and would defiantly come again.

Reviewed October 17, 2010

We visited The Granary recently for an evening meal. The restaurant is set in a lovely pastoral location and the owners clearly run it with pride - and so they should.

If you want good food, all freshly cooked, with a wonderful welcome as soon as you step into the downstairs lounge bar area and with no timing pressure throughout the evening, then this is the place for you. If you like eating at anonymous pub chains, then this might not be the right restaurant as at the Granary you will be treated as an important guest and made to feel that you are a friend from start to finish.

One review on this site gave us (and no doubt the owners) concern from its vitriolic attack on everything from how cold it was several years ago to the (80s - coming back into fashion!) downstairs decor and the fact that escargots appear on the menu. Based on our experience this can only have come from a rival frightened by the popularity of the Granary. Ignore the vitriol, enjoy the food!

We will be back, and soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2010

I have eaten at The Granary on several occasions during the last 3 years, most recently last night, since the owners resumed business having rented the restaurant out for five years.

Always met with a warm welcome I have never been disappointed with my meal. The family team work tirelessly to produce good, honest, home cooked food using fresh ingredients sourced locally whenever possible. How do I know this? Because I've asked the proprietors.

The al a carte menu is extensive and the 3 course Sunday Roast really good value for money. I suggest you book in advance for this as it is so popular.