Fir Trees Bed & Breakfast
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead West Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
The Watermill Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)
$95
TripAdvisor
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
$64
$62
Two Brewers Hotel(Chipperfield)
$59
Hotels.com
Shendish Manor Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
$70
$62
The Kings Arms(Berkhamsted)
$99
$97
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
$111
$107
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
$74
$61
$139
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have now spent almost 3 with the lovely Sandra and Robert (and Snowy the dog) whilst completing the curtain making courses up the road. I had the most amazing time, I was so well looked after. The rooms (I stayed in both the Capri and Sorrento) were both amazing and exceptionally comfortable. Sandras cooking is so amazing that I cannot find the works to describe it, she cooked many different cuisines for me and all were exceptional. For a few of the days I was the only resident at the B&B, normally I would have felt extremely uncomfortable dining alone, but Sandra and Robert made me feel so welcome and would stay and chat. I was quite sad when my stay with them was over, but fortunately I have one more course in November so will be returning soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2013

" My husband, myself and our 12 year daughter would like to thank Sandra and all her lovely helpers for an outstanding night at her Fine Dining Experience on Saturday 1st June 2013. We sat at a table with 7 other people that we didn't know and we all got on famously. The food was prepared to a very high standard, due to the fact that Sandra is a Fine Dining Chef, there were plenty of courses and the wine was flowing all night, Sandra's helpers made sure that your glass was never empty. It was an Italian themed meal and it included everything from duck, squid, crab, you name it, we had it and it tasted fabulous, we cannot thank her enough. We would recommend it to anyone, whether you fancy a meal with strangers or whether you go as a large group already knowing each other, it definitely was a Fine Dining Experience. We even had a singer called Marie, who had the voice of an angel, sing some lovely songs to us. It was a perfect evening and we would definitely love to do it all again. Don't take our word for it, go and give it a try. Sandra works so hard and credit where credits due, she's amazing. Love The Hurleys of Hereford. x "

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Fir Trees is a Bed and Breakfast with a difference. In an ideal location close enough to travel to London yet surrounded by beautiful countryside and historic towns. We were made so welcome by Sandra and Robert who will go the extra mile to make your stay memorable. Sandra delights in entertaining her guests and her breakfasts and evening meals( optional )are definitely worth sampling. Having an elderly Labrador the garden was large and secluded enough to let him roam freely. This B &B was ideal for our means and we never felt we had to got out for the day like most B&Bs. It is also an ideal location for anyone travelling alone as Sandra and Robert are so hospitable and make you feel welcome. We would definitely recommend this B&B for value for money and hope to return one day.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place had everything. Excellent food (second to none), lovely décor (everything seemed brand new), delightful and very well appointed bedrooms with comfortable beds and seats - lots of teas and coffees, biscuits and nibbles, and much more. The bathrooms had wonderful towels, and easily accessible shower (vital for we senior visitors) and lots of shampoos, gels, etc. The outside had a comfortable seating area and pleasant garden to walk in, plus a mini wood to explore - even a golf course next door if we'd have wanted it. The service was brilliant. Sandra is a superb chef and catered for several 'special diets' with ease. Breakfast was equally special and a wonderful start to the day. We didn't want the hot tub, but others would find it delightful. Many thanks to Sandra and Robert for a fabulous weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Sandra C, Manager at Fir Trees Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Once again we are pleased to cater for any dietary requirement and preferences with our excellent cuisine.We are so glad you had all the comforts and relaxation you had looked for and we thank you for your kind words

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is truly a hidden gem! It's so much more than could be expected from a B&B. Brilliant, newly furnished room that had everything you could think of - and more. Really comfortable bed and seating, huge tv, great shower with wonderful soft towels afterwards, superb location tucked away with garden and a little wood (perfect for the dogs to make friends with Snowy), and food............. such food! We had a family meal that was just perfect - great setting, lovely ambience, brilliant, friendly service and food that carnivors (like me) and vegetarians (like my wife) both relished, supported by the perfect choice of wine. Breakfast was also a gastronomic delight. We'd love to join the dining club if we get back into the area. Sandra and Robert are perfect hosts, and exceeded expectations in so many ways. We just wished we could have stayed a little longer and enjoyed the private, secluded hot tub. Many thanks, and we'd recommend it to anyone (but don't book for when we want to revisit the area - we wouldn't stay anywhere else).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple