“Great Time!”

Delta Force Paintball Hemel Hempstead
More attraction details
Owner description: Delta Force Paintball in Hemel Hempstead is located in the Hertfordshire hills providing a perfect backdrop for a day of paintballing. The centre is located on an abandoned WW2 American Airforce base, meaning it has unlimited parking space on the massive main runway. The centre has managed to incorporate much of the old airbase's surviving infrastructure into it's base camp and 7 game zones, including villages, large castles, helicopters and graveyards.
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
“Great Time!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My 15 year old son and a group of friends visited for the second time after really enjoying themselves last year. They had been planning the trip for some time and saving up their money to make sure that they could buy plenty of paintballs and they were not dissappointed.

The staff have everything organised and are helpful which is good with a group of teenagers.

You need to be careful as the cost of paintballs can soon mount up but as they had been before they knew how to make the best use of their resources without compromising their enjoyment.

They really enjoyed thier day and are already planning their next visit.

Visited December 2013
DeltaForcePaintball, Manager at Delta Force Paintball Hemel Hempstead, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
We are pleased that your son and his friends enjoyed their first paintball experience so much and have returned again. It seems as though they are becoming novice paintballers, and are part of the Delta Force Paintball family. We look forward to having the group back, for another day of real life "Call of Duty".

Reigate, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Day Out”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My teenage son and his friends had a great time here recently. We had no concerns or worries everyone was very helpful, well organised and we experienced no problems at all. Will definately return next year.

Visited December 2013
Thank you for your review. Delta Force is thrilled to hear that your son and his friends all enjoyed the day, thoroughly. We strive to make sure that the day is well organised, to ensure that all our customers need to do is arrive and enjoy the day. We look forward to having the team back next year, for another day filled with action packed paintball.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Poor service with misleading facts”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I arranged a party of 24 kids for my daughter who's 12 and who suffers a very painful and rare bone condition in her face. I rang far too many times when arranging this to make sure it would be safe for her. The party was a treat for all her years of bravery. Despite each salesperson assuring me that the party would not be grouped with any adults under ANY circumstances even if my daughter was not ill, on the fateful day, several adults were joined to the party group and apparently this could not be changed. My daughter was given an armband to identify her so that other members would be careful around her. There were several issues around the day that were disappointing but we were in positive spirit around my daughter and wouldn't let anything spoil the day. However the very thing I was petrified of came to fruition. My daughter tripped and fell but quickly put her arm up to show she was hurt and therefore should not be shot. The adults from the other party pounced onto her and carried on shooting her relentlessly. Now I appreciate that Delta force cannot stop everyone behaving this way but they should have warned the other members that there was a very sick child on board. The group leader carried my daughter out as she was hurt and very distressed. I insisted that the staff speak to the adults so that the incident is not repeated. My daughter, being very brave, went back in. Although she was not hurt in the same way again, the party of young girls and boys were terrified as the adults had then proceeded to hire the bigger guns with the more painful pellets and several of the kids bore the brunt of this. This should not have happened as the staff were already alerted to the situation. We are forgiving people but I feel the piss was taken that day. I since rang the office and although everyone in their usual sales pitch is very apologetic and one even remembered that I'd requested that no adults be put on the group, no one was able to put an apology to paper and offer any sort of gesture that would make our next visit safer - we have still over 30 tickets to use and cannot simply throw them away. We asked if the firm would do a private party for us as we are almost 40 which is their requirement for a private party. That's all we asked of them but they refused. It has been months since I last spoke to them and still no reply. Let's hope seeing this entry will warn other guests as to what they are letting themselves in for. It's not exactly a cheap day out is it?

Visited June 2013
5 Thank anjumkassim
DeltaForcePaintball, Owner at Delta Force Paintball Hemel Hempstead, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
We are saddened to hear that your daughter did not enjoy the experience as much as most our players do. We try our best to accommodate for all our players and I believe that after some technical difficulties, our customer services team has been in contact with you to resolve the matter, and has offered you to return and allow us the opportunity to show you that we do usually get it right. We are sure that your daughter's next visit will be a fantastic experience.

luton
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“great day out”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

we went for a birthday on saturday the 28th of september as a mature group
overall we had a fab day but there were a few small niggles that although they didnt spoil the day made life hard
first the positives

the marshall for our group (gold team -black team ) was great very good at his job and made everyone feel at ease
the maps were interesting and challenging
it was a lot of fun
safety was a priority and a lot of work went into this
free hot drinks during the day and decent comfort food (pizza and pot noodles) were available

slight negatives
the tape on the sleeves to denote teams soon became obliterated by paint,surely there must be a coloured bib or armband people could wear? on bigger maps there was a lot of blue on blue fire
the walking , the maps themselves were fun but it seemed a 5-10 minute walk each way from the safe zone which with all the safety gear on left us soaked in sweat on what was a fairly mild autumn day,having to go and put your gun back between each map became a chore

cheating,
this i suppose is part of human nature but opposing team members, got shot and refused to leave/drop the flag/ or returned fire at point-blank range
it wasnt everyone but it went on

and lastly neither a positive or negative the cost
realistically you need around £70-100 per person to make your day enjoyable
I was quite conservative and used around 500 paintballs ,3 smoke grendaes and 3 flashbangs
add the upgrade to M16 (£10) pizzas,pot noodles etc and it was close to the ton mark

I noticed children playing and basically spraying anything and everything,parents ration the kids ammo if you value your wallet/purse

I highly recommend it and will return though,it was a great day out

Visited September 2013
DeltaForcePaintball, Manager at Delta Force Paintball Hemel Hempstead, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your very informative review, we are sure there will be many readers who will find this useful, when they are looking to make a booking. We thrilled that you enjoyed the day and are pleased you have recommended us and look forward to your return, in the near future.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WHAT A DAY!! :D”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Couldn't ask for anything else... The day was AWESOME the staff were helpful and made the day that little bit more enjoyable!!... See you VERY Soon

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Stuarte-86
DeltaForcePaintball, Manager at Delta Force Paintball Hemel Hempstead, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your fantastic review. Delta Force aims to created the ultimate paintball experience for each customer. We are pleased to hear you couldn't ask for anything else, and had an awesome day out. Delta Force is thrilled we will be seeing you soon, for another day of adrenaline fueled fun.