“Worth every penny”

Riverside Inn at Aymestrey
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Aymestrey
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Aymestrey���s The Riverside Inn and Restaurant is nestled in the Herefordshire countryside, where the Roman Watling Street crosses the meandering River Lugg. Amongst trees where butterflies flutter and dragonflies buzz, The Riverside Inn is an old black and white timbered building full of original features - oak beams, log fires, exposed stone - dating back more than three hundred years. Warm and full of character, this is a typically British inn with an excellent line in local ales, countryside perries and ciders as well as a number of European and New World wines selected as accompaniments to the fine dining food produced by the kitchen���s award winning chefs. Committed to supporting local producers and suppliers from the rich larder of the surrounding counties, The Riverside Restaurant is proud to be local - even hyper-local in some cases with herbs and vegetables often taken from the inn���s very own garden - and as such dishes are created to showcase the best seasonal ingredients. Every item is freshly cooked just meters from your table and every taste and requirement is catered for with excellent vegetarian options as well as good choices for coeliacs and non-dairy eaters.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Okay so I thought "looks a bit overpriced for lunch in a village pub" BUT with awesome food, beautifully cooked, wonderful service and delightful atmosphere it was worth every penny & I heartilly recommend it and wish we'd gone at the beginning of our week rather than at the end so I could have had a second visit. Ah the regret of missed opportnities!!!

1  Thank hamnd

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stopped off at the Riverside after a long journey in the car. I was very surprised at the friendly atmosphere and the wonderful staff. I suffer from food allergies and was almost shocked when I was offered soya cheese as part of my main meal. The chef went out of his way to provide me what was one of the best meals I have had out. I can't praise the staff enough. I will definitely be eating there again.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had completely forgotten to write a review of the Riverside, where we had our Wedding Reception last year, until we came to book for our first anniversary.

We can not believe how fortunate we were as it was idyllic and could not have been improved. We were 35, which suited the room ideally, and all our guests were raving about the Canapas. It was only because of the quality of the food that what followed was not a disappointment! The main courses and sweets were outstanding and special arrangements were made for the younger children.

The staff were superb and Richard and Liz quietly ensured that everything ran smoothly.

We stayed the night in the very comfortable Hayloft suite and, whilst full from the previous days meal, we we managed to consume delectable smoked salmon and scrambled egg.

If we could give 6 stars out of 5 we would!! Exceptional!!!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have been to The Riverside twice in the last month for Sunday lunch and have had a great experience on both occasions.You are welcomed by your host Richard and looked after by his wife Liz and her attentive staff.The Riverside has a naturally warm and comforting atmosphere whether you are in the main dining room or nearer the bar.As it should be the food is the highlight here with fresh local produce being used to create simple but delicious courses.The owners have been here for we'll over 10 years now and have maintained their current very high standard from day one becoming one of the very best eateries in the area.P.S. they also have accommodation!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The food is good but the prices are for something more than a pub. The traditional pub is great, the staff are ok but the prices do not justify the food as it is not fining dining as the service and decor etc are not up to the quality.

Nice location by the river and easily accessible.

Good selection of beers