The Riverside Inn & Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewstroutfudgestandard pub grubexcellent foodalongside the riverbread and butter puddingmelt in your mouthlovely locationbraised beeflocally sourced foodgreat pubmortimer trailbar snacksblue cheesecooked to perfectionquality toiletrieswonderful meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We regularly dine at the Riverside Inn (every few weeks, when visiting my husband's family) and the food and service are always great! Fresh local produce, lots of choice and friendly service. I highly recommend them.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Riverside in the cosy and comfortable Stables room, which has a separate lounge and bedrom area. The landlord and all his staff are without exception friendly, helpful and anxious for you to make the most out of your stay. The atmosphere is relaxed and the food is of an excellent standard, locally-sourced and well-presented. There is a good range of wine and bar drinks. There are many walks around the area, including a shortish circular walk from outside the pub itself. An excellent base to enjoy the beutiful countryside around the area.

Room Tip: The Stables and the Hayloft are the largest rooms, available at little extra cost.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great food and service, one of the best meals I have had in Herefordshire! And I've had a few!!

Enough of a choice of food and wines, great selection of local cheeses! I can thoroughly recommend the chocolate torte and Cointreau ice cream :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stopped for one night on the 25th of Aug stayed in a suite called the hayloft gorgeous room. The food was fabulous all local produce best fillet steak I've had in a long time! Highly recommend eating & staying here! Breakfast was also lively the scrambled eggs are divine! Really friendly owner & staff.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Satyed here for a night on the 26th July. What a find. I was glad I did book the restaurant when I booked the room as I overheard one family asking at the bar if they could eat. They were told 'we have just one table left!!' Rooms first: Spacious. I know what the previous reviewer said about decor, but our bathroom had been recently renovated. The wash hand basis was in the room rather than the bathroom but it wasn't a problem. We were away from the road and it was generally quiet. Loads of storage in the rooms and the bed was comfortable, if firm. Take your own toiletries, but they will aupply them on request. They gave us a couple of sachets of shampoo that were impossible to open, but now I'm being picky!
Restaurant: Meal was excellent. We chose the fillet - all their produce is local even down to the locally smoked salmon. We had hand cut chips with the steak - really tasty. Couldn't manage a dessert as well but what we had was first class. Then the breakfast was superb. You could have the foll monty or as I did scrambled eggs with the smoked salmon. Have been to a number of really good hotels here and abroad, but I have to say that these were the best scrambled eggs I have ever tasted - prbably due to themm being locally sourced.
Trouble is I need an excuse to be able to go back there and we live 100 miles away!!

Room Tip: If you can ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple