“Charity Dinner”
Review of Montagu Arms Hotel

Montagu Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beaulieu
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Having bid sucessfully for a dinner for 8 people at a charity function, the experience was quite exceptional! The quality of the food was absolutely delicious and the general opinion of our party, was, "it doesn't get better than this". The presentation was superb, the staff excellent, attentive and everything you would expect of an hotel of this quality. The ambience of the private room, again, had to be seen to be believed! The whole evening was a magical experience and was given with exceptional generosity by the hotel management, for charity.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jan H
SunilKanjanghat, Resident Manager at Montagu Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

Congratulations on winning your charity function bid and I am so delighted that we didn’t disappoint you.

I try not to repeat myself but as I have said on many occasions, I never under estimate the time and effort taken by our very valued guests to enter a Trip Advisor Review…thank you for yours and with a fantastic five star rating too!

Your truly lovely comments are so inspiring for all the team to read.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Sunil

Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This lovely old building with delightful terrace and garden offered a very enjoyable visit. Of particular note was the extreme professionalism of all of the staff. They and the management deserve good reviews.
The Terrace restaurant was all you would expect given its star rating. Wonderful.
We had a top floor room with a four poster, up quite a few stairs and a little disappointing, especially the rather tired bathroom squeezed into the restricted space within the roof. Also a bit noisy as it was warm and overlooked the road so traffic noise was noticeable. Perhaps we are spoiled, but given it's high end aims the room could have been better (or cheaper).

Room Tip: The rooms on the garden side would be quieter.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write your review and especially for your good feedback about the hotel, terrace and gardens.

Additionally, I would like to thank you in particular for your fantastic comments concerning all the team (Managers included). This really is very uplifting for everyone to read.

However, please be assured that your disappointment over your particular bedroom is very concerning to hear about.

Whilst I can honestly say that all our other guests who stay in that bedroom love the room and the view, I completely agree that because the bedroom is on the roadside that it can be noisy at certain times of the day if the window is left open.

I would like to personally apologise for the inconvenience which this has caused you and I am very sorry that on this occasion your whole experience at the Montagu Arms Hotel was not as good as it should have been.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back and to personally make sure that next time your stay is a happy and enjoyable one.

I really hope this has not marred any future visits when it will give me the greatest of pleasure to ensure you are very well looked after if you return.

With regards

Reviewed May 31, 2014

This hotel is a gem in a good location and ideal for short stays. The restaurant is superb and the garden is lovely during the summer to have afternoon tea. Service is superb. We were served by a delightful French waitress in a way you rarely see nowadays

1  Thank GerryTYM

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and I am absolutely delighted to hear your feedback concerning the member of the restaurant team who looked after you.

This kind of feedback really does mirror the vision and values which we strive to achieve with our high standards of professional yet unobtrusive customer service and care we offer.

Thank you for all your lovely comments and please come back soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here for 2 days for our honeymoon, the level of service was excellent and very attentive.

The food in the Terrace Resturant was excellent and a rea culinary delight.

The little touches really add to your stay like the complimentary tea or coffee delivered to your room in the morning.

The only downside was our room had no window that we could open and the air con was too noisey to leave on all night so we found it a bit warm!

3  Thank Helen S

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent ‘Minimoon’ and your lovely comments about our standards of service, our Michelin Star food and those little touches which we strive towards to make our guest journey a good experience and surprise/delight them, making their stay a memorable one.

This particular bedroom is the only room where we have a huge beautiful stained glass window which has a bit of history attached to it, so we did not want it to be removed, hence this bedroom has an air conditioning unit.

However, I really am sorry to know that the unit was noisy and somewhat marred your sleep.

We are now fully investigating the option of having a bit more fresh air coming in from the main bedroom window and I am pleased to say that our maintenance team have now fixed the noisy air conditioning unit.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback and I hope you will return sometime in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed at the Montagu Arms following a recommendation from a friend. The building is lovely and the gardens are beautiful, providing a great backdrop for the restaurant. This is an old building and full off Olde Worlde charm. The reception and housekeeping staff were excellent. The restaurant waiting staff were a bit mixed - one leaned over a table full of wine glasses to serve a starter and she couldn't remember which table ordered what at breakfast.
We ate one night in Monty's (the connected Gastro Pub next door) and one night we had the tasting menu in the main restaurant. The food was really good, although we were a bit confused by the offering of the cheese trolley for one of the tasting menu courses - seemed a bit of a cop out and we would have preferred something the chef had made. Also, they wouldn't tell us in advance what we were having for each course, it was "a surprise". We did notice that other guests having the tasting menu were getting different items - seemed a bit odd but maybe they were all allergic to chicken - if I was cynical I'd say they were making it up as they went along, but it was all very tasty and I would definitely recommend it.
The down side to the stay was the bed. We booked a four poster room and the mattress was very thin - when you sat on the bed you could feel the bed frame underneath. To be fair we were offered another room when we mentioned it but who wants to change rooms half way through a 2 night stay? We really expected more comfort for the price (if Premier Inn can guarantee comfort at under £80 a night I'm sure Montagu Arms can do it at over £200 a night!).
We visited the excellent Careys Manor Hotel Spa - which is affiliated and gives free entrance to Montagu Arms guests - thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Avoid room 28 unless they've replaced the mattress
1  Thank Rimigo
SunilKanjanghat, Resident Manager at Montagu Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write your review and especially for your good feedback about the hotel, gardens and the reception/housekeeping teams. This was very much appreciated.

I understand that my Assistant Manager has been in touch with you directly and discussed in great lengths your disappointments.

Please be assured that your disappointments are not to our usual high standards that we pride ourselves upon.

I would like to personally apologise for any shortfalls and I am sorry that on this occasion your whole experience at the Montagu Arms Hotel was not as good as it should have been.

I hope to have the pleasure to Welcome you back and to make sure you are well looked after during your next visit.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

As always, a really enjoyable visit. The approach, the gardens, the rooms are all fabulous but the staff and the food is exceptional. Perhaps we shouldn't be writing such good reviews in case they're fully booked next time! My favourite hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
SunilKanjanghat, Resident Manager at Montagu Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

A beautiful 5 Star review written with such heartfelt warmth. I really appreciated your light hearted comment about us being fully booked next time, this really did make me smile and feel so happy.

I am very proud indeed about the Montagu Arms Hotel and the dedication of all the team who work here.

Thank you so very much and I look forward to Welcoming you back as soon as your time permits.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I come from Germany and we usually spend our holidays in the South of England. It is a must for us to come for a stay to this remarkable Montagu Arms Hotel. Not only the building and the interior are so magnificent it is also a place to enjoy excellent food, peace and comfort. When sitting in the beautifully kept gardens we seem to be in paradise. The staff are very attentive, friendly and helpful - especially Pierre who always makes us feel so welcome. We would like to join the chorus of praise for this remarkable place and recommend it to anyone who is looking for that special treat.

Dear Guest,

This is such an inspirational and uplifting 5 Star review of the hotel, its’ gardens, the team and everything about us.

I am always so very appreciative of any review which are very valued guests take the trouble to write but its reviews like yours that really give our pride such a big boost.

I will be sure to pass your lovely feedback onto Pierre and every single member of the team.

A Big Thank You!

Sunil

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaulieu
The Crown Manor House Hotel
#1 of 1 in New Milton
Beaulieu Hotel
Beaulieu Hotel
#2 of 2 in Beaulieu

Been to Montagu Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!