Montagu Arms Hotel
  • Restaurant
Lime Wood Hotel(Lyndhurst)
Cottage Lodge Hotel(Brockenhurst)
1,286 results
All reviewsterrace restaurantmichelin startasting menunew forestsister hotelfour posterenglish hoteljunior suitemotor museumjourney homeafternoon teagardens are beautifuloverlooking the gardenrestaurant managerlovely hotellittle touchescream tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I booked the Montagu Arms Hotel for my elderly parents to celebrate their joint 80th birthday. My brother and I wanted something special for them and looked at many places (on line). We were very impressed with the reviews and chose it, keeping our fingers crossed.

My parents were overcome with everything, during their two day break. Their room was beautifully clean and welcoming. The evening meals were something my parents had never experienced and they marvelled at the choice of menu and the tastefully prepared cuisine. The garden was very pretty and a joy to walk around.

I had asked the hotel staff to provide specific drinks and cake etc to make my parents' stay more special and the staff did everything (and more).

The whole stay was a magical time for them and they are very keen to return.

Needless to say, I totally recommend this place.

Room Tip: Room 2 is the Superior Suite and totally recommended.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Arabella914
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at The Montagu Arms on 13th and 14th September in the gorgeous Laburnum Suite for my wedding, which was the 14th. The service was friendly and genuine, the breakfast truly set me up for my big day, and the hotel and suite was really the most beautiful backdrop to my 'getting ready' shots in the morning! Highly recommended for any other newly weds, especially if your wedding venue is The Domus over the road! Thank you The Montagu Arms!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I recently marked my retirement with a family lunch in the Oakwood Room, for some 20 of us: very important for us, as we are rarely able to sit down together. Planning for the meal was meticulous, our reception at the hotel very friendly and efficient, and thanks to the hotel's map, everyone arrived safely. The meal itself was beautifully presented and served, with the same friendliness, which made it easier for our younger members, a little awed by such splendid surroundings. A memorable occasion for me, a marvellous experience for my family - many thanks indeed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Booked a one night stay for our wedding anniversary. From the moment we arrived the service was exceptional, the staff are friendly and professional. Lots of little personal touches that enhanced our stay at what is a beautiful hotel. We had a meal in the Terrace Restaurant which was fantastic. We are already planning our return trip.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frank P
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We would like to say that we very much enjoyed our stay at The Montagu Arms Hotel, which was to celebrate my husbands Birthday.

The Hotel was beautiful and we were very pleased to have been upgraded to a Junior Suite for our stay.

Our dinner was amazing and a true experience. The breakfast was also amazing and set in such a lovely location looking over the garden in the sunshine.

My husband being Gluten Intolerant was very well looked after, so a big Thank You for that, and compares in service to our cruises we have had on Cunard.

All the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful and I cannot suggest anything that you can approve upon.

You all helped make a special experience

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple