“A real little gem!”
Review of Beaulieu Hotel

Beaulieu Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Beaulieu
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed here as two mums with two small children as part of a Peppa Pig World package. We had the adjoining rooms (28 and 29) in the annexe. I cannot fault this hotel although we did feel a little out of place with two children in the restaurant for dinner. When we asked to move to the bar area we were accommodated.
I have fallen in love with this small hotel and cannot wait to bring my husband back for a longer stay later this spring. The rooms are really cosy and spotlessly clean and the staff are very helpful and friendly. Most importantly the food is excellent!
Really fabulous location with the horses and donkeys right outside the front door.

1  Thank mizuro

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I took my mum here for a Mother's Day 3 course meal and coffee package yesterday and we were very pleasantly surprised. It was absolutely delicious and the table service was top notch. We tried the Chicken Liver Parfait with toast and chutney (which was extremely tasty), the Chicken Breast and the Pork Loin for main (both cooked beautifully) and then the creme brulee. This was by far our favourite course as we're both dessert lovers. It was served with a mini doughnut finger and rhubarb jam - which was amazing! I would definitely recommend eating here as it was really very tasty, lovely service and very reasonably priced.

We ate in one of the rooms overlooking the garden although we weren't sat close enough to the window to see the lovely view. It was bright and airy and mum was eyeing up the nice chandelier for most of our meal! We had a quick look around the reception area at the front of the hotel which had lovely fireplaces (again, mum liked these!) and cosy seating areas which I can imagine would be lovely for afternoon tea.

The only downside was there was a bit of a mixup when it came to paying. When I booked late last week, the lady took a £10 deposit over the phone but this wasn't showing on the hotel's computer. None of my card details were either even though I gave these over the phone and authorised payment. I didn't want to be stung with an extra £10 fee so questioned this and the girl was very happy to take £10 off our final bill just to be sure. I was very thankful but will feel incredibly guilty if the £10 didn't actually get taken as we had an absolute wonderful meal :s

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We held our wedding reception at the Beaulieu hotel in March 2014, and stayed over a couple of nights. We were extremely impressed by their professionalism, and they made it a special day to remember. The food was delicious and they made a real effort to personalise the menu to our requirements. The hotel rooms were spacious, clean and well decorated. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel, and it is a great choice for a wedding.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Have not stayed here, but have eaten in The Drift Inn, a very good country pub, with good food and beers/ wine. Good location for walks in the New Forest. Can get busy, but easy to park across the road.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

As a very regular weekend New Forest visitor, I wanted to undertake a number of walks over two consecutive weekends with the £38 special B and B rate. I took my dog Koda with me and we were warmly welcomed throughout our stay. This place treats your dog as one of the family and makes the weekend complete. I had a tight schedule for the number of walks to be undertaken. The room I was initially allocated was not approriate, room 6 has a strange smell and is too pokey for my visit. I was able to reserve my favourite room for both dates. I enjoyed the breakfast which is in the pub next door. The service was not attentative and customers were complaining about sauces arriving after meals had been eaten and food over cooked. The evening dinner was okay but the menu unimaginative. The room I was moved to was ideal with the shower and bath option available. There was some noise disturbance due to a group of drunk local teachers galloping down the corridors in the early hours. I had to put the fan on in the room to moderate the heat and this blocked out all corridor noises. Parking is very good here with a selection of spaces in the two large car parks. I enjoyed the walks in the Devils Punchbowl, deer sanctuary and the coast to coast walk. I was eager to complete the 9 mile coast to Coast walk as the weather was poor and many of the fields on route had been flooded. I travelled to Lymington parking my car free of charge in the residential areas. I then proceeded to walk along the footpath to the ferry. There is a cheaper option of the keyhaven ferry at £5.40 but the ferry here cost £11 with the promotional codes. I was able to sit with the dog in the lounge area. The 30 minute crossing was smooth and I loved Yarmouth as it is a quaint fishing village with heaps of character buildings. Overall, the visit was a success but I was disappointed that I had been informed at the time of booking that an upgrade to DBB at £50 would include a free bottle of wine but was denied this at the hotel. It was very misleading and as a regular visitor I did not appreciate the fact that my exact booking was not honoured. I had to call and speak to the booking service before departure which clouded my visit. It was a booking made in advance which should have been upheld.

Room Tip: Ensure the room is not above the pool or the restaurant. Do not choose room 6 and choose a room away...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Booked in for 2 nights, had a very good room, and enjoyed the evening meal and choices of wine, nice small swimming pool, all the staff we met were friendly and helpful.
Nice quiet location but you will need a car to get anywhere as the hotel is out in the middle of the New Forrest.
Looking forward to returning here for anotherstay

Room Tip: you will need a car to get anywhere, to far to walk to Beaulieu or Lynhurst
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Nice looking hotel from the start. Friendly welcome and clean entrance. Room quality was good and plenty of tea/coffee extra.
Evening meal was booked and food excellent.
Breakfast equally good quality and choice of eggs to have was very good. Not often are you given a choice but this was excellent again as my wife like fried and I prefer poached.
Checkout was easy and efficient and all of the staff were courteous and friendly. Parking was plentiful but be warned you need to know your reg number.

Room Tip: Rooms at front of building look over the new forest. Plenty of animals to see. Noisy at early evenin...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaulieu
The Crown Manor House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Burley
Rhinefield House Hotel
Rhinefield House Hotel
#7 of 10 in Brockenhurst

Been to Beaulieu Hotel? Share your experiences!